My daughters and I have decided we would like to travel to the four cities mentioned above for our second European trip. First time we went to London, Paris, Germany and Florence for which we took the train and flew intercity just once from Florence back to Paris to go home. We are thinking this time of flying into Nice for 4 days, possibly driving from Nice to Florence 4.5 hours (we want to do an overnight in Florence just to do jewelry shopping) and then continuing to train to Sorrento 4 days, then possibly night train to Vienna 4 days and go home from Vienna. Have been a fan of Rick Steve's guidebooks but I am a little worried about driving from Nice to Florence. Has anyone ever done it - is it a good idea or a waste of time and money. Rick Steve's tends to favor the train. Also, does anyone know if there is a train from Nice to Florence and also a night train or any train from Sorrento to Vienna? Have to start booking soon as we are going in June 2014. Would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 3 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Croatia in mid/late October
- 8 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Dubrovnik
- 13 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Norte Dame light show!
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Greece in end October
- 25 Champagne Tours