I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Christmas Markets 2017
- 7 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 8 Budget trip
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 11 Driving
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 Algarve Town Selection
- 15 Tips for first trip to UK
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 Browsing Barcelona
- 18 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 22 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.