I am doing some preliminary planning for a trip to Italy: Venice/Florence/Umbria.
As always, I am having ‘sticker-shock’ on the price of hotels in Venice (been there about 5 times, but not for some years).
Last visit, I had a lovely stay in a reasonably priced hotel in Dorsoduro (or perhaps one of the other areas outside of San Marco). Unfortunately, I did not write a trip report and I forget the name of either the hotel or the area.
My requirements are simple, and as follows:
• I don’t really want to stay in San Marco, I would be perfectly happy in the outlying areas that are within walking distance of the San Marco
• A double room, for one person, that has WIFI access. Very clean and not too small.
• In the past I stayed in 4-Star accommodation, but have realized I don’t need this, and would be perfectly happy with good 2-3 Star accommodation
• Don’t care if it is a Hotel or B&B
I’d really appreciate some recent recommendations.
Kind regards … Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 2 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Scotland ideas
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 8 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 9 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 10 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 11 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 12 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 13 The World's Greatest Churches
- 14 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 15 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 18 Portugal
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 21 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 paris to london- day trip
- 24 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 25 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.