Found this site a couple of weeks back and have been reading a LOT of fantastic info!
Husband and I are landing at Malpensa at 10:30 on the last Sat of Sept and driving to Sestri Levante. Have read all about train options but we would both prefer to drive. Trying to find a couple of options where we could stop en route.
Bit of background - this is our first time in Italy (and my first time outside Britain apart from day trips to France). Flight from Gatwick is only 2 hours but we will have driven 5 hours the night before to get to the airport. I'd love to find somewhere not too far off the route where we could stop for an hour or two, grab someting for lunch and enjoy finally being in Itay.
We like churches, castles, people watching and the outdoors, not too keen on navigating and parking anywhere too crazy/built up so soon after we arrive.
Certosa di Pavia seemed ideal but is closed 11:30-2:30. Will that be the case with most places? What is Pavia itself like?
I've looked at the route on multimap and googled lots of place names but would really love a personal recommendation - thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 2 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 3 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 4 beware of robbed in Milan
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 7 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 8 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 17 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 20 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 21 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 Which Area in London?
- 24 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 25 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris