Reload this Page >

Nice inn or b & b in lucerne

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Jack

Any recommendations on a nice, comfortable and charming small hotel, inn, or B & B in Lucerne. Thanks.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 08:34 PM
sara

to the to for this- <BR>I'd like to know the answer to this question - headed there in a few weeks. <BR>Thanks-

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 03:55 AM
Ursula

Try the first jailhouse hotel in Switzerland called "Löwengraben". Very centrally located and sort of a B&B. It must be quite an experience. <BR>Check out www.loewengraben.ch (English version available) or <BR>www.luzern.org <BR>for useful info about Lucerne. Have fun!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 05:36 AM
Samantha

We stayed at the Pensione Villa Maria and fell in love with it. It's a short walk from the main "downtown" along a beautiful tree lined promenade. We were there a little early and she let us choose our room. All of which were large and superb. Our room had large windows that opened up to the garden below. All the rooms were bright and cheery. Breakfast was very good as well. I would stay there agin in a heartbeat! The phone is 041 3702119. You'll need to add the country code at the beginning and drop the 0. <BR> <BR>Good luck! Let me know if you can't find it. I think I have the post card around here somewhere. I'm sure it has the fax number as well.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 04:11 PM
Ed

Many seem to have good experiences at the Villa Maria. <BR> <BR>The Villa Maria is a 2-star 'garni' (no dining room), and the Goldener Stern a full 2-star. Both include a breakfast. A double with bath/shower runs CHF130-146 depending on room and date; both have rooms (typically about half) without bath for less. We've stayed at neither. The GS is only 8 blocks from the railway station -- quiet location near the Franziskaner church garden. (The bell can be noisy; you may want to ask for a room on the street.) The Villa Maria is near the Transportation Museum, conveniently about 2 km by Bus #2 from the station; described as Swiss-clean, with English-speaking owners, and quite nice by a recent visitors. <BR>Villa Maria PH: 041 370 21 19 Fax 041 370 21 19 (same) <BR>Goldener Stern: PH: 041 227 50 601 Fax 227 50 61 <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:34 AM
jw

topping for Jeri

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:08 AM
jeri

JW Thanks for topping? does that mean putting it to the top for me to notice? Didn't have any coffee yet today and this is still a new adventure to me, just know the basics. Take care, Jeri.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:47 AM
jeri

Just booked in Luzern at Villa Maria, seemed very friendly!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:33 PM
jw

yes, glad it worked out.