Nice: Beaches and Hotels

May 5th, 2000, 03:38 PM
Hall T. McGee
Nice: Beaches and Hotels

I am planning a trip to Nice in early June, and I was looking at the Hotel Windsor. This sounds like a great place, but it apparently does not have a private beach while a lot of the other hotels do. Is this a problem? If I stay at the Windsor, would I be able to use a public beach? Is there such a thing as a public beach in Nice? I know that they are rocky and not great for lying about, how does one get a chair?

Also. . . If anyone has any other ideas for nifty hotels I'd would be very appreciative.

May 6th, 2000, 06:30 PM
we were not able to get reservations in Nice for early June at Hotel Windsor
May 8th, 2000, 05:32 AM
I stayed at the Windsor a few years ago. No, it does not have a private beach, but it does have a quaint courtyard with a pool. The hotel is about 3-4 blocks from the beach. They do have public beaches in Nice. Remember, the beaches in Nice are rocky, so they do have beaches where you can pay to use their chaise lounges, or you can buy a mat from the many vendors that sell them. I also stayed at the Westminister Concorde on another stay and they do have a private beach, although I thought the Windsor was a better value.

Search this Thread