Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Nice, Avignon and Aix en Provence (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/nice-avignon-and-aix-en-provence-849485/)

kaka_seahorse Jul 13th, 2010 06:13 PM

Nice, Avignon and Aix en Provence

This is our plan (not final yet) from Venice we go to nice and then avignon and from there do a day trip to aix en provence...

** how de we go from nice to avignon? by car or train ?
** if by car how many hours does it take from nice to avignon
** can we do a day tour to aix en provence ? (is this near )

sap Jul 13th, 2010 07:02 PM

Aix-en-Provence is between Nice and Avignon. You could probably see it on the trip between one and the other, maybe spend a night or two. How many nights will you have?

To calculate drive times, two great online tools are Google maps and Michelin maps.

kaka_seahorse Jul 13th, 2010 07:30 PM

sap thank you that is a great help will check that out

nametaken Jul 13th, 2010 07:40 PM

As I understand your trip plans you leave Venice to go to Nice. From there you plan to go to Avignon and Aix. But you don't know if you will drive, take a train or bus or how far it is between each of these places. I think StCirq has a point. Fordor Forum cannot help you unless you provide some basic information. No one is being rude;everyone is just confused. How long are you going to stay: what transportation are you using:what places do you want to see? If you can provide some information, many of us on the forum will be happy to help. You can find a lot of information by just going on line and buying a map.Please come back with some questions and your vacation will be very well planned.

kaka_seahorse Jul 13th, 2010 07:46 PM

thank you im not familiar with how this works.

If my inquiries are offending to well traveled people on this website i apologize but i think there is a nice way to reply thats not insulting nor offending... Thank you for explaining nicely.

StCirq Jul 13th, 2010 08:07 PM

Oh, I love it. A gray triangle clicker to boot.

cafegoddess Jul 13th, 2010 09:11 PM

Kaka,

** how de we go from nice to avignon? by car or train?

- I like to travel by car because I can stop along the way.

** if by car how many hours does it take from nice to avignon

- I think it took two hours from Nice to Avignon.

Like Sap said, Aix is between Nice and Avignon. Perhaps you can spend some time there on your way to Avignon. I like Aix better than Avignon, consider spending more time there.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are a lot of nice people on this forum. Ignore that poster, her modus operandi is cynicism and sarcasm.

kaka_seahorse Jul 14th, 2010 01:29 AM

cafegoddess thank you :) im ignoring that poster he has nothing better to do...

we are taking a car rental in nice to avignon that way like you mentioned we can stop along the way. Thanks for the tip on aix im going to do a research on it