Reload this Page >

Nice and affordable place to stay near Frankfurt airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 08:48 AM
jenny

Have to overnight near the Frankfurt Airport and need a nice single room to stay (around $80).

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 09:12 AM
Richard

We usually stay in Weisbaden, about a 50 min. bus ride from the airport, a good selection of B&B's in your price range. I must admit, we've not used the bus we always drive, but the Deutschbahn website has a timetable.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 10:34 AM
Lee

Jenny: We have stayed at the Achat in Langen, about 10 km from the airport. It's clean, reasonable, has a decent restaurant, breakfast and also a shuttle bus to and from the airport. <BR> <BR>I used to live in nearby Morfelden and this is a good value and good location to the airport. <BR> <BR>Check out their website at: www.achat-hotel.de

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 08:26 AM
jenny

Thanks for the information. Will check out the websites.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 09:20 AM
stacey

I've stayed at the Steigenberger Maxx, also in Langen. Prices maybe be a bit higher than $80, but not much. English website: http://www.srs-worldhotels.com/germa...kfurt_am_main/

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 01:53 PM
alan

Hi! We stayed at the steigenbergen MAXX about a month ago for the second time. They offer free rt transportation from and to the airport. We just got our bill and it was 135DM for 2, it came out to 61 USD. You can book it right at the airport for a 5 DM fee and they will call the van for you. Just be sure it is the MAXX because the chain has another hotel close by and it is much more expensive. They took us there last time by mistake. I would stay at the Maxx anytime I need an airport hotel in Frankfurt. <BR>alan

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 04:54 PM
kathy

for accomodations near a few airports in Germany, including Frankfurt and Munich, check the site <BR> <BR>www.oasis.fortunecity.com

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 05:58 PM
Miriam

Hello Jenny, <BR> <BR>I would recommend any of the three Astron Hotels around the Airport, all have a free shuttle-service to the terminals. The rate will match your budget. Steigenberger Maxx is ok, as well. <BR>Just have a look at www.hrs.de. It`s in English, they only show available rooms and you can book online without giving your CC-number if you arrive before 6 pm. If you don`t show up in time they`ll charge you nothing! <BR> <BR>Have fun <BR> <BR>Miriam