Reload this Page >

New Years Eve Wallpaper from around the world

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 05:08 AM
Lori

Check out the website www.wallpapers.com. They have pictures from cities around the world celebrating New Years Eve that you can download to your computer. Thanks to someone who posted the site in an earlier thread. The pictures are great.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 06:36 AM
lori

Too many people on this forum are trying to sell their own products. What should we do about it? I think that most of us like to hear from the others about good or bad experiences when traveling but you have to have guts to place this kind of add, Lori or whoever you are. Any suggestions for Fodors how to stop these people from blowing their own horns?

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 07:01 AM
ilisa

lori, what on earth are you talking about? www.wallpapers.com contains free downloads. Lori isn't selling anything. She is providing information people may be interested in, especially in light of the Happy New Year thread in which people marveled at the celebrations from around the world. Lighten up.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 07:07 AM
Lori

Hey Lori, <BR>You can go you know what yourself. I try to be nice and share something that I was informed about and I get crap from you?! Thanks to Ilisa for having the intelligence to see that I was only trying to share.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 07:12 AM
Lori

And if you think I'm annoyed, you bet I am.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 08:06 AM
Myriam

Thank you for the tip, Lori no. 1. I just downloaded my favorite New Years Eve picture.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 08:34 AM
Diane

As a matter of fact, Lori responded to my request for a picture of the Eiffle Tower all a-glitter. It is a very cool site and as mentioned previously -- FREE! <BR> <BR>Just like the advise so freely given here. Happy new year to all ;-)

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 12:33 PM
Lori

Hey, My name is Lori too and I don't want to get mistaken for any of this nasty bantering (which is not all that pleasant on what is normally a worthwhile and fun forum). <BR>I contribute regularly to this forum and the Lori who originated this message does too so let's not get too crazy here.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 04:47 PM
Chris Mc

Thanks for the great site. The pictures are great and free. <BR> <BR>The proper thing to do is for Lori(the <BR>one who accused the other Lori of <BR>using this site for commercial purposes) to say "I'm Sorry." <BR> <BR>I agree that we don't want this site to be used for commercial purposes but <BR>next time look before you leap. No one likes to be accused of anything <BR>that they are not guilty of. I am quite <BR>sure that Lori will accept your <BR>apology. <BR> <BR>Put another way, if you don't do the right thing, perhaps you should be <BR>the one thrown off the site. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 03:39 AM
lori

All of you: please accept my apology. <BR> <BR>I posted this message right after I found two ads sent to my private e-mail addresses in response to my question posted on one of the forums. <BR>I am sorry Lori and I am greatful to people who take time to share their own experiences here.

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 03:44 PM
Lori

Apology accepted <BR>