New Year's in Paris

Search

New Year's in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Year's in Paris

Hello. My wife and I are spending New Year's Eve in Paris with some friends. Any recommendation as to where to be at midnight? We are not into clubs or drinking and would prefer to be somewhere to watch fireworks with crowds. Champs-Elysees our best bet?

Also, would appreciate any recommendations for a nice dinner (not on New Year's Eve) for the 4 of us.

Thanks!
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM

I'll be there too this year, and I've heard there are no fireworks in Paris on NYE. The Champs-Elysees will be very, very crowded, I understand, so just be prepared for that. I was told by a few people that avoiding that area is probably best.

We've opted to have dinner at a restaurant, where we'll ring in the new year. Not sure if this is customary or not (we're late 20-somethings), but we're going to do that and then bounce around after to wherever the wind takes us. I'm sure the city will be rockin' all night long!

Have fun
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:29 PM

They don't have fireworks in Paris on NYE. They did that once or twice due to the Olympics or something.
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM

It is best to avoid the the Eiffel and Champs Elysees. Dinner at a great restaurant is the very Parisian thing to do. If you need a recommendation for a hotel restaurant on NYE, I will be glad to suggest some of my favorites.
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the input. My friends and I do like big crowds, so I think Champs Elysees might be the place for us. I would appreciate some restaurant recommendations for New Year's Eve. Somewhere nice but someplace that we can wear jeans and a buttoned shirt.