Reload this Page >

New Pictures: Myriam's Antwerp/Carol in Sicily & So. Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 11:34 AM
s.fowler

Finally - I get Myriam's hometown RIGHT. And Carol's pictures of Italy are STUNNING. <BR> <BR>The usual: go http://geocities.com/dhfsbf/fodorite/fodor.htm and click on pictures.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Annette

Wow!! This may be one to bookmark. "Our" site is getting quite a good gallery of inspiring European photographs - a good pictorial resource. Thanks so much for doing this, Sally.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 12:49 PM
Kavey

It is really inspiring Sally and thank you so much for it... <BR> <BR>I am so excited at finally getting my Normandy ones to you that I think I really must get some of my Madeira ones from this year to you... they came out really well and I never even thought to send them to you! <BR> <BR>Maybe after Africa and SF! <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 02:52 PM
carol

Thank you, Sally. This is a very nice service and our pictures are wonderfully varied. <BR> <BR>If anyone's looking at mine, please note that the following places pictured are in the south Italian region of Basilicata, also called Lucania, which is relatively unknown by tourists: <BR>Muro Lucano <BR>Pietrapertosa <BR>Accettura <BR>Potenza <BR> <BR>Also note that the photo of Tindari is from the province of Messina in Sicily.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 06:25 PM
s.fowler

I'm glad people are enjoying the pictures. As I've said before it is a lot of fun to see everyone's photos and to have the pleasure of working with them as they are added to the page. <BR> <BR>Carol -- I'll straighten those things out tomorrow!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 03:40 AM
s.fowler

I've made the corrections Carol suggested <BR> <BR>Topping for the work-week crowd.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 06:41 AM
SteveJames

That's a really nice service you give us on your site, Sally - a big 'thankyou' for all your time and effort! Can you do that from standard postcard-size photos? <BR> <BR>I've really enjoyed looking through them all again today, - especially the latest ones. Carol - you've got some lovely ones there! Basilicata's a region I never really visited when I lived over there, unfortunately. I'll have to plan a trip - it looks beautiful! <BR> <BR>Steve

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 07:19 AM
s.fowler

The pictures of Basilicata ARE gorgeous. <BR> <BR>Well Steve -- it's a just a geocities site -- anyone could do it -- in fact Kavey and I are hoping that someone will start a similar Africa site. <BR> <BR>And I DO mean it when I say whatever little work is involved is repaid many times over with the beautiful pictures I get to see and the email friends I've made as a result!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 07:26 AM
ger

Hello Sally: <BR> <BR>I sent you my Florence photos last night, just wondering if you got them? <BR> <BR>Regards ... Ger

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 08:07 AM
s.fowler

Ger - newp My hotmail has been weird. And I may have also had a full house. I'll email you an alternate address.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Myriam

Sally, <BR>I would love to start an Africa Fodorites Picture site but I have absolutely no idea how the Geocities thing works! I have plenty of pictures from Kenya, Senegal, Tunisia & Egypt (you knew that already). I don't mind the "work" involved if someone can help me get started. <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 08:51 AM
s.fowler

Myriam -- just go to geocities.com and sign up! Use a hotmail or yahoo email if you have privacy concerns. Do be careful about what name you give it because the only way to change it is to get a new account! <BR> <BR>If you can do "virtual tourist" -- you certainly know enough to get started there! <BR> <BR>The easiest way to makes pages that I have found is to use Netscape composer. It's not a perfect html editor, but it works very much like any word processor. <BR> <BR>I can point you to some online tutorials for composer if you email me.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Kavey

Oh Myriam, well volunteered. <BR> <BR>I felt guilty for wishing for an Africa site without volunteering myself, but since I am working a day job, helping my husband develop web sites to try and establish his business and also trying to write up my travel experiences in the hope of getting published I couldnt take it on and do it justice! <BR> <BR>If an Africa site is started I will promise at least 5 pics from my recent Namibia and Botswana holiday, I collect them from the professional lab tomorrow! <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 11:20 AM
s.fowler

Hi Kavey -- yes and I didn't have to twist her arm. [much] As we speak she is unraveling the mysteries of geocities. <BR> <BR>While we're at it -- there are some new Florence pictures from ger -- including one of "that guy"

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 11:36 AM
s.fowler

Just caught your question steve -- all my own scanned photos are scanned from the ones you get back from the photo lab -- either 3x5 or 4x6 inches. [sorry.. centimeters are not my forte] You can "fiddle" a fair amount in the scanning and then in the "adjusting" -- why I even managed to turn one of Betty's moonlight shots into a nice detailed daytime one! I've been more careful since then