New Paris House Hunters on HGTV tonight

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A new Paris House Hunters is on tonight; hope she has a big budget!
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 01:47 PM

My fanasty, thank you for the heads up.
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 02:41 PM

Love this show, thanks!
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:43 PM

I am so over these.

Somehow the people always come from places where you get a mansion for $200K. And then it seems like they have never looked at any apts or houses in Paris (easy on the internet) so you get an idea of what things cost - so they are prepared what to give up.

They are always AMAZED at how small the rooms are, that the kitchens are minute (usually with a boat style fridge) and that you typically don't get AC and a full washer/dryer. Then they want to live in the center of everything but have quiet and a garden.
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 06:40 PM

This lady is more realistic and her budget is 400,00. I like the first one so far. Love her friends and Adrian.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 03:46 AM

I am wondering how much Adrian is making from the House Hunter series.
She seems to be in all of the shows about Paris.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 03:55 AM

She must be doing ok. In the last few years she bought two apartments in Nice that she rents out.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 04:57 AM

she picked my fav, high ceilings and great light and under her budget. Bet she rents it out when not there.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 05:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Love HHI, especially when it's in Paris. OTOH, Adrian is sooooo annoying. I wish they'd get a different agent for the show. "Yes, it is above your budget, t it has such good bones"------Yikes!
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 05:23 AM

TYAYT. She is probably scripted.
I think that sometimes because everyone is sooo surprised when the commode is in its own room.
Have these people NEVER been outside of the US? I won't even go into the bidet!
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 05:54 AM

A number of years ago there was one in Italy, which needed considerable work and the material had to brought up the hill by burro. She once gave an update here but have heard from her in a long time.

There was one in Merida, Mexico and the intention was to start a restaurant there. When we visited Merida last December we could not find a restaurant that came close to her description.

The show becomes unwatchable when, as someone stated above, they are clueless, or think they must be hyper critical.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 07:38 AM

My cousin's friend was on this show and they had already bought a house when they were approached to do the show and then they "looked" at other houses before "picking" the house they were in. So, the whole thing is scripted. Still an interesting show though
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Since people volunteer themselves to be on these shows I think you tend to get overly dramatic buyers who want their 15 minutes of fame. And agents who want to promote themselves. I just enjoy seeing the apartments and neighborhoods.

They do have other Paris realtors sometimes; I particularly remember the couple (husband French businessman and wife American, with 2 girls); they had a huge budget and their agent was quite low key. She showed them 3 fabulous apartments and they bought a $4 million plus apartment near Parc Monseau I believe.

The Paris house hunter shows tend to get more starry-eyed types who are caught up in a fantasy about living in a stereotyped vision of a Paris apartment rather than the obnoxious types a lot of the US based house hunter shows feature. They usually come down to earth in the end.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 08:40 AM

That is interesting that they already had purchased a house. I know these reality shows are highly scripted but I thought they just had to chose one of three which were, of course, previously selected.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 08:49 AM

http://hookedonhouses.net/2010/06/02...nters-on-hgtv/
One of the best explanations on the "backstory" of this show( which I like too)
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 12:39 PM

I've been watching the House Hunters Intl shows for a long time and especially look forward to the Paris shows, but also enjoy seeing the shows from unfamiliar places. On a show a few weeks ago, Adrian Leeds was showing a young woman from Australia apartments where she and a business partner could throw gourmet dinner parties. I was surprised to see that the second apartment shown was a very nice small studio in the 4th that we had rented two years ago. That apartment is now managed by Leeds - http://www.adrianleeds.com/parler-pa...s/le-charles-v - but wasn't at the time we were there. And the third apartment shown is also managed by her - http://www.adrianleeds.com/parler-pa...leur-de-poitou . The buyer (renter? - don't remember) chose neither of those and took the first apartment shown.

Last night's program also featured an apartment from the Leeds group - http://www.adrianleeds.com/parler-pa...tments/le-deco . Again, the buyer chose another.

It would seem that HHI certainly offers Leeds a wonderful opportunity to showcase her rental listings to a huge audience. Anyway, I'll keep watching HHI and experiencing serious envy from time to time. It's always interesting to see what's on offer and what it costs.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 06:29 PM

I enjoy HHI no matter where they are, but the ones in Paris are my favorites. It doesn't bother me that the purchasers are clueless sometimes about the size, price, etc.

I have rented an apt through Parler Paris (Adrian Leeds). She met me at the apt and was very personable.

I recorded the new one and can't wait to watch it (along with about a dozen others I've recorded and need to watch)!
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 11:14 PM

I once stumbled on a French equivalent of one of these shows in the making: a couple of young women look up at a building in a fairly nondescript mid-market area, and just the presenter and his cameraman filming a slightly over-animated "the flat's up there" conversation. My, had he overdone the fake suntan and hair and eyebrow dye.
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 08:40 AM

I think all of these shows are scripted. I have read the blog of the woman that was on the show and she bought the apartment a year or 2 ago through another company. Having rented from Adrian Leeds we realized that one of the apartments was one she manages. At the end of the day, was still fun to watch and let us dream about owning one too.
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 11:38 AM

I joined the Leeds group email list. I don't care if it is scripted or not. I just love to see the apartments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -