Reload this Page >

New pages on Dina's popular travelogue!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Dina

Hello, <BR>I say popular because my website got several hundred more hits than usual the other day. For all of you who told me you were waiting for the next installments---I've added 2 new pages to my illustrated travelogue.<BR>The new pages cover adventures in the South of France. Plus, I added more to the Paris page. <BR>If you find any mistakes in my spelling or facts, please let me know!<BR>The travelogue begins on www.costumegoddess.com/england.htm<BR>and links are at the bottom of each page.<BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 11:46 AM
s.fowler

Hey Dina -- Great white sneakers pic -- I had to laugh. Your pages are a delight -- thanks for sharing your adventure with us

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Dina

Thanks! I have more in the same vein coming. Luckily I don't have a day job.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 04:36 AM
Mel

Hi, Dina!<BR>Can you please post your Web site address so I can check in? I understand you have information on the Bretton Ferry. <BR><BR>THANKS!

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 09:53 AM
dan woodlief

Dina, your travelogue is a lot of fun to read. I think you did a great job of capturing your trip on film too and then matching the photos with the travelogue. You two look like you know how to have a good time. Looking forward to more.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Dina

Mel, <BR>The Brittany page is www.costumegoddess.com/france.htm<BR>But I don't have technical info about such things as train or boat schedules on the pages, in the interests of keeping the narrative moving.<BR>If anyone wants specific travel info, please email me directly and I'll answer you question. Or more likely, I'll ask my husband, since he was in charge of juggling navigation, and did a very good job, too.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 09:44 AM
Mel

Dina:<BR>What a fun site!! I really loved your Brittany pages, but your trip was so well written I read everything and I'll be checking back!<BR>Thanks,<BR>Mel

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 01:34 PM
anne

What fun, Dina - and what great photos.<BR>I look forward to more!

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 01:54 PM
Ana

You are incredible. I can't imagine the organization and work you have pput into this beautiful composite. <BR>CONGRATS.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 01:58 PM
Capo

Hi Dina. I've loved reading your travelogue and looking at the wonderful photos. As I told you in the email, I especially love that photo of you in the turquoise shirt and hot pink scarf...a very striking shot. I also like the way you designed your web pages, very nice. And like Dan said, it looks like the two of you sure know how to have a good time. <BR><BR>Interesting that you were so repulsed by Gaudi's Sagrada Familia. I can understand why you feel the way you do, because it certainly is a very different kind of church, but I found it fascinating, especially the way it is supposed to look when (or, should I say, if) completed. The only part I didn't like at all was the west facade, the one done by the sculptor Joseph Subiracs (sp?). My favorite Gaudi piece, however, was the facade of Casa Batlo, especially when lit at night...very eerie and yet very beautiful. <BR><BR>By the way, I've meant to email you back but I can't seem to for the time being, so thanks for your response. Based on what you wrote, I'm certain that we did meet in the past so what a small world, eh?

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 03:58 PM
Dina

Thank you all for your kind responses; I am overwhelmed!<BR>I'm always left wanting more when I read a long travelogue with no pictures, or lots of pictures with lttle comment; so I've tried to do more of a personal photojournalism project. And since I am also a web designer, I like backgrounds and nice layouts. It's helping me re-live and remember, since I did not take good notes. If you can tell we have a good time, then I've been successful.<BR><BR>Capo, I've admired pictures of the beautiful Casa Batlo and wanted to see it, but we just couldn't get to it. Memory Lane: Your e-mail reminded me of some "interesting" experiences that have gotten kind of foggy over the years, but if I ever see your face again it might refresh my memory further! And my husband likes that Barcelona picture very much too, but my favorite one will be on the upcoming Greek Island page: Sifnos.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 04:13 PM
Capo

Dina, no surprise to find out you're a web designer (and I'm a fog remover :~). As I said, I really like the way you designed those pages. Sorry you didn't get to see Casa Batlo. Unfortunately, you can't see the inside, but the outside is so striking. Our hotel was only a few blocks from there and we arrived in the evening so the very first thing we did in Barcelona was to see it lit up at night. <BR><BR>Looking forward to more installments! You sure covered a lot of ground for your first trip.

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 01:33 AM
Paige

What a cool travel log!! I can't wait to hear more.

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 01:39 AM
Ursula

I fully agree with Paige. Great!<BR><BR>Dina: Looking forward to that Sifnos picture!