New offerings from Rabbies Tours

Oct 13th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

New offerings from Rabbies Tours

Just an FYI for folks traveling to the UK -- several Fodorites have highly recommended Rabbies small group tours. They have just announced there are now some tours starting from Manchester and Aberdeen plus new offerings out of Glasgow, Inverness and London.

So lots more options for those who prefer to let someone else do the driving at very reasonable cost.

https://www.rabbies.com/en
Oct 13th, 2018, 10:13 AM

Thanks - may entice folks also off trains!
Oct 13th, 2018, 11:02 AM

As you know, I am a Rabbies fan. When I was in London a few years ago, our driver told us they were piloting a tour to France. I haven't see that on their website but would love to see and try that. One day I hope to take one of their Ireland tours but any new tours for them is great news.
Oct 13th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Sassy: . . . i was considering taking their tour into cornwall one day if i had too limited time to make a driving tour pencil out.

​​​​​​​but - There goes the neighbohood

Now Pal will post about all the neat tours on Rabbies . . .
Oct 13th, 2018, 02:38 PM

janisj, I did their Cornwall tour several years ago and really enjoyed it. Would consider doing the same tour again it was that good. For those not familiar with Rabbies, they do an excellent job. The only other company I'd consider touring with is National Geographic also very good but also very expensive.

sassy27, I had also heard ( several years ago ) that they were planning on adding France to their itinerary, but nothing so far.

Pal has no experience with Rabbies, but he does like to post, so his responses will only be hearsay.
Oct 13th, 2018, 02:49 PM

Don't worry I've had my Rabbies shot! No, I have no experience with them and in past at times I did say that 'many people here raved about them'. If that's hearsay it's pretty good.
Oct 13th, 2018, 02:51 PM

I have booked two Rabbies tours in Scotland for this spring. Excited to give them a try with all the good recommendations.
Oct 13th, 2018, 04:00 PM

I have done just about all of their Scotland tours. Not all guides are the same but no matter what, you will be sure to see a lot. Things like the biggest hole in the ground or a bath tub carved into the stone by a loch for an eccentric home owner. I took them to Wales from London and fell in love with Wales even though my time there was short. So definitely give them a try if you can.
Oct 13th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PalenQ View Post
. . . No, I have no experience with them and in past at times I did say that 'many people here raved about them'. If that's hearsay it's pretty good.
There are plenty of people who can post about things - first hand.
Oct 15th, 2018, 07:49 AM

Topping - good info bringing back to top!
Oct 16th, 2018, 08:32 AM

A few years ago I did the 6 day Islay tour and 10 day Orkney tour back to back - they were both really wonderful. I am someone that absolutely hates driving but to get around to some of the more out of the way places in Scotland it's not really practical using only public transportation. Since the max amount of people on the bus is 16, it's not like the group you're traveling with is huge, so that's a definite plus for me. The Orkney tour I was on wasn't full either, I think maybe there were only 10 of us on it.

I'm looking at the 8 day tour from London to Edinburgh for next fall, and then again at taking another back to back trip the day after. I just need to wait until the 2019 dates are released.

Search this Thread