Reload this Page >

New fast train routes in France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 07:25 AM
Joanne

FYI, found in an e-mail travel newsletter we receive that a new high-speed train expansion link between Lyon and Provence was recently christened. This now allows a trip of approximately three hours from Paris to Marseille for example. TGV ticket prices for second class were given as $82 Paris to Avignon; $84 Paris to Marseille; $83 Paris to Nimes. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Lesley

And it has broken down or been delayed so many times since it started that SNCF have paid out more in compensation in two weeks than they normally do in a year. Hang in there until they get it sorted out, which I'm sure they will.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 09:39 PM
Chris

Lesley <BR> <BR>Just sent in my tickets for compensation! An hour late. Luckily, they held the connecting train. <BR> <BR>But I'll take the TGV over Amtrack's "high speed" train!

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 01:01 AM
wendy

do they actually credit back your charge? How do you know if you ar eligible if the train comes in late?

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 03:08 AM
Chris

If the TGV is late (it's only on the TGV, I believe) by 30 min or more, they say they will give you up to 30% back in train vouchers. <BR> <BR>They give it to you in train vouchers. I'm not sure when they expire (it's the first time I've had to do this). <BR> <BR>You get an envelope from the arrival station. th

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 03:16 AM
Chris

If the TGV is late (this is only good for the TGV, I believe) by 30 min or more, they say they will give you up to 30% back in train vouchers. <BR> <BR>SNCF knows when the train is late -- it's been "bien note" -- and you have to get an envelope to mail back your ticket(s). There are conditions that apply for discounted tickets, etc. <BR> <BR>I have no idea how long the process takes, and I don't know how long the vouchers are valid (first time I've had to do this). But I'll be in France for a couple more months, so I can wait. <BR> <BR>I don't know if you can do it in person if you're just visiting.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 05:10 AM
Chris

Ok, the gremlins are at work. <BR> <BR>My post above this is one is the one that makes sense -- the other one was a "work in progress".