Reload this Page >

NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 11:52 AM
Irina Martynov

Dear Fodors, <BR>I always trusted your recommendations about hotels and so far has never been disappointed. But recently I returned from Europe with a very negative experience from hotel-pension Furst (Kardinal-Dophner Str. 8) in Munich. Since it was Octoberfest time, we didn't have too many choices in our budget rate range, so we agreed to the owners' requirement of full time payment in advance in DM or traveler's cheques. Although I mailed them traveler's cheques 2 months in advance and notified them by phone and fax, they didn't have patience to wait until money arrived and changed my reservation to the room without bath. They never apologized and when we came, they were very reluctant to return right away the money difference between what we paid and the actual cost. Every time for using the shower we had to pay 5 DM per person (no soap or shampoo and a bath towel were provided). Overall, the attitude of the owners was very unfriendly and even rude. I am surprised this hotel is listed in your "Germany" guide book. I would never recommend it to anybody. Other than that we enjoyed our trip immensely, and thank you for the plenty of useful tips. <BR> <BR>Sincerely, <BR> <BR>Irina Martynova

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 04:02 AM
Kenny

Irina, <BR> <BR>I'm sure your warning will be of value to anyone planning a trip to Munich. But if you want the people who actually write the Fodors guidebooks to take notice, you need to send an email to [email protected].

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 05:28 AM
elaine

and add it to the Rants and Raves <BR>section

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 03:15 PM
Irina

Kenny and Elaine, <BR>Thank you both for your advises. I followed them, but unfortunately the "submit" button in Rants & Raves section didn't work.

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 05:48 PM
cruze

Irina: Trust me, I will keep your message in Mind. I'm going to Munich in November for a concert and I will not be staying there.