Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Neuschwanstein/Hohenschwangau - advance tix not going through?
Notices

Neuschwanstein/Hohenschwangau - advance tix not going through?

Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Neuschwanstein/Hohenschwangau - advance tix not going through?

My latest trip planning hurdle (leaving in 4 days) is my apparently failed attempt to purchase advance tix for Neuschwanstein/Hohenschwangau. I have tried purchasing advance King's tix on 3 separate occasions in the past week, yet I never received confirmation that the transaction was completed. Checked my credit card history and there is no posting of the ticket purchase.

Credit company knows I am trying to complete foreign transactions, so there should be no hold on my card.

Am I missing something here? I have never had issues like this trying to purchase advance tix for anything abroad. Will be there in the height of tourist season, so my strong preference is to sort this out prior to departure.

Thanks.
Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:45 PM

We were able to successfully book reservations to visit both castles in the Spring at https://www.hohenschwangau.de/764.html

So you won't be able to tell through your credit card, unless they are blocking the transaction, as Hohenschwangau will not actually charge you for the tickets until you come to the ticket center to pick them up at the time of your reservation. They just need a valid credit card to hold the reservation and I think they can then charge you for the tickets if you don't show up. You should get a confirmation e-mail from them within a day or so with an attached PDF document of your tour times and party size. Perhaps check your email SPAM folder just in case? If you are not getting any sort of confirmation, I would give them a call or send them an e-mail, explaining the situation and providing your reservation details. I did have to e-mail them in order to change the time of our reservations, and they got back to me within 48 hours and were able to help me via e-mail.

E-mail: [email protected]

Just remember in order to book your reservation online, you have to book it at least 2 days prior to your date of visit. You'll also need to arrive an hour before your first tour time to pick up the tickets at the ticket center.

Good Luck!
Aug 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM

Checked my credit card history and there is no posting of the ticket purchase.
you pay on spot cash or by credit card (AMEX NO NO NO )
you will get the confirmation iam sure ,
but i hope you did the reservation right, here is my video below , i am showing how to do that correctly
http://www.new-swan-stone.eu/2014/05...le-ticket.html

to skip all that troubles, just plan to stay in one of the hotels in hohenschwangau that i mentioned in my link below and they will pick up the ticket for you, means you don`t need to get to ticket-center and wait for long on the line to get the ticket
http://goo.gl/sbhmiJ

greeting from Füssen
Aug 6th, 2014, 05:50 PM

1 yr old thread

Search this Thread