Neuschwanstein Castle in Early December

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Munich in December this year, first week or second week. I really want to go and see Neuschwanstein Castle and take lovely pictures but I'm worried about the weather. Will it be snowing by then? Foggy maybe? Is it worth the daytrip during this month?
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:19 AM

Not sure about the lovely pictures, probably a little early for significant snow, but a strong possibility of inclement weather and limited visibility. With that said, I'd still go if I had the day off and the ability to get there. When I went to the top of Hitler's Eagle Nest, the visibility was maybe 20-30 feet. Still glad I went.

If you are driving, I'd suggest you hit Linderhof on the way back. A smaller scale Ludwig castle but still worth the trip. If you've never been to Munich before, try and go to Nyphenburg palace. Also, don't miss the Christmas Market in the courtyard of the Munich Residenz.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM

We went on Dec. 28 last year. A nice day, but it had snowed recently so the bus was not operating - either walking or using the horse carriage to get up to the castle.