We are a group of 5 people (including 2 seniors and 1 kid) planning to travel from Netherlands to Black Forest. We plan to make a trip of 6 days/ 5 nights end of August and travel by public transport.
After crossing in to Germany we plan to use either Länder-Tickets or Quer-durchs-Land Ticket to travel to Black forest base/Freiburg as its cheap and we can see some nice scenery in Rhine valley
What will be a good place to break in between for overnight stay as well as enjoy middle Rhine valley (maybe Middle)?
This leaves us with 3 N/3Days for Black Forest.
What will be a good base town in black forest area with good access to public tranpsort and visiting with ease to some scenic places.
We have in mind to visit Triberg / Lake Titisee/ Lake Scluchsee/Baden area etc.
Also open to other suggestions of scenic beauty.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Years in France
- 2 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 3 Barcelona tour option help please
- 4 2 week May trip with kids
- 5 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 10 Airport Transfer
- 11 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 12 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 13 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 14 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 15 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 16 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 17 Which Aran Island??
- 18 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 19 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 20 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 21 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 22 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 23 Moscow Hotels
- 24 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery