On very short notice, I will have seven days in NL, arriving by train from Cologne on Saturday 16 June and departing one week later from Schiphol. With this short notice, booking is a bit challenging -- and there's not much time to research.
I have had several 2-day layovers at AMS before so I do not want to visit Amsterdam.
I wish to go to smaller towns, etc. just to putter around and enjoy being in NL. I will be on public transport as well as water and bicycle when possible. Traveling light with a 40L backpack.
Three areas I have targeted to visit are (perhaps two nights in each):
1. Rotterdam/ Kinderdijk
3. Alkmaar/Edam/Hoorn and the rest of the peninsula.
Does this sound reasonable? If so, can you please suggest favorite accomodations (single, middle aged, budget is about 60 Eu/night, don't care about breakfast or "en suite").
Also suggestions about favorites activities or interesting transportation very welcome.
Many thanks -- I don't have much time to research!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 start yahoo MAIL $ 1888:570:1233 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h
- 2 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 My France Vacation
- 7 2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 10 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 11 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 12 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 15 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 16 Iceland driving in March
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 19 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Greece during Easter week or August
- 22 Northern Spain road trip
- 23 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Help with Spain itinerary
- 25 Where to stay in Naples?