Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Netherlands public transportation from Aalsmere to Keukenhof garden

Old Apr 14th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me how to get from the flower auction in Aalsmere directly to the Keukenhof garden by bus or train ? I've seen info on how to get to each of these places from Amsterdam. I plan to go to Aalsmere very early in the morning from Amsterdam, continue on to Keukenhof, before returning to Ams . Thanks much.
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:16 AM

Have a look at http://9292.nl/en#.

Note that it is Aalsmeer not Aalsmere.

Have a look to see if going via Schiphol and getting the Keukenhof bus from there is quicker/easier too.
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much, but looks very complicated. That route does go to Schipol with 2 bus transfer before another bus to Keukenhof in Lisse.
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM

We went to Kukenhof at this time two years ago, departing from Amsterdam. The bus takes you to Schipol, where you wait for another bus to Kukenhof. I have to admit, it was a real pain (long wait, and standing on the bus both directions, as they were quite full). While the flowers were lovely, I much preferred our next day's train trip to the Enkhuisen Zuiderzee Museum (it takes about 45 minutes, I think). http://www.zuiderzeemuseum.nl/en/673/visit/fotogalerie/

This is an open air folk museum, made up of a collection of buildings from all around the Zuiderzee. There was a relaxed village atmosphere, with sheep grazing and some people showing how things were made in ages past - making rope, smoking fish, etc. I was intrigued with the cupboard beds in one of the houses, such a tiny bed for two with a cradle built in at the foot of the bed.

Sorry if I digress from your original question, just wanted to let you know about an alternative if you're interested. Whatever you do, it will be great - the flowers all over are beautiful.
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 12:37 AM

banares, yes it is complicated. They are quite away apart and so not on a single busline. It may be easier, if you have the time, to do Keukenhof another day.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both. We will do Keukenhof another day. And we will also visit Enkhuisen Zuiderzee Museun.