Nero's House and RomeTour Guides

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:57 AM
Lo

Nero's House and RomeTour Guides

Does anyone know of a website where we can purchase tickets for Nero's House in advace? We would like to avoid lines. I tried to email them and it was returned.
Also we are trying to decide on which group to use fro a several hour tour of Rome. We have read alot about Scala Reale but they seem to be much more expensive then both Enjoy Rome and Romaculta. Can anyone shed light on why the big difference? Is it worth twice the cost?
Lastly thanks for all of the posts I have been reading for the past year. We will soon depart and I think that everyones advice has been most helpful.
Thanks.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:38 PM
Beth

I never found awebsite for making reservations at Nero's palace. I believe you have to phone. I actually asked the folks at Scala Reale and they did it for me. I'd bet you can have your hotel make the reservation for you after you arrive. I bet its not as busy as it was when I went in '99, which was only a few months after it re-opened.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:31 AM
nora

Two years ago I went to Nero's House, and there was no line. There was not that many people at the site. However you do have to wait for the tours to start because they are guided, so some waiting is going to be involved unless you plan perfectly. Enjoy.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:03 AM
lee

Just visited the place two weeks ago, it is great. We toured the Colosseum and then went over without reservations. Got in within 30 minutes. What I would do is show up at Nero's house at 9:00 and get a reservation for around 11:30 or 12, then walk across the street to the Colosseum and tour it for a couple of hours. The place doesn't get too crowded until after 10. Then head back to Nero's house for my tour.
good luck

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Terry

My husband and I were in Rome in April. We took two tours with a great guide, Giulia Bernardini. We did the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's with her and then took the Ancient Rome tour a couple of days later. She was great. (We enjoyed the Vatican tour best. If you only do one, do the Vatican tour.) She only takes small groups. You can reach her at [email protected]. Tell her Mark and Terry sent you!