Need your help re Bersoly's Hotel Paris

Sep 1st, 2001, 12:28 PM
fran

Need your help re Bersoly's Hotel Paris

Thanks to all who answered my query re Claude Bernard Hotel. Another hotel with availability is the Bersolys. Similar price (actually a little cheaper). Can anyone tell me about this hotel? I want to make my hotel decision this weekend. Merci!

Sep 1st, 2001, 12:38 PM
Surlok

Fran,

Check these posts out:

http://digital.france.com/hotels/hot...l?hotelid=9346

You can also check what travelers have said about the Claude Bernard by typing its name on the box "find a hotel by name".

I hope it helps,

Surlok

Sep 1st, 2001, 01:26 PM
s.fowler

We stayed here in December 1999 and liked it very much. As you may know the rooms are themed according to artists -- we had the Manet room. The Renoir room next to us looked lovely too. Ours you yellows -- that one was blues. The lcoation cannot be beat -- you are 3 blocks from Musee D'Orsay, slightly more to the Louvre pyramid [thus close to the river] -- St. Germain is the same distance the other way. You can also walk to St. Chapelle and Notre Dame -- the neighborhood is fulla lovely restaurants. Several "fodorites" have stayed here and like it -- one had a bad expience with how the hotel reacted when her luggage was stolen. But she also left some things in her luggane that should not have been there. I mention this just to be fully forthcoming. I would stay there again in a minute if we hadn't become wed to the 7eme. *I* love the place -- our bathroom had Villroy & Boch tiles that matched the breakfast china, for example. Rooms ARE small - but that's Paris.

Sep 1st, 2001, 02:14 PM
fran

Thanks! You've helped me decide on the Bersoly's.

Sep 2nd, 2001, 05:40 AM
s.fowler

I'm topping this with some restaurant suggestions.

The closest is a lovely family-run restaurant called La Caleche. The family is from the Jura -- the food is simple, but well-prepared in charming surroundings. A fancier option is Bristrot de Paris down the street the other way. It was our best meal in Paris that visit. Hubby had blanquette de veau and I had salmon or chicken -- food was delicious -- service, once we got past the maitre d' was very professional and friendly. It is a attractive restaurant -- a nice place for a special meal in the neighborhood. Another favorite is the Vietnamese-Frfench restaurant Tan Dihn -- exquisite food and incredible wine list. Not cheap. Let me know if you want others.

Sep 2nd, 2001, 05:04 PM
fran

To S Fowler - I'd love some more restaurant suggestions in the area. Thanks!

Sep 2nd, 2001, 05:07 PM
s.fowler

fran -- why don't you email me?

Sep 2nd, 2001, 05:14 PM
fran

I tried but my email came back as undeliverable. Will try again.