We are planning a trip to England in early autumn. I can't decide where to go.
We love ruins and cathedrals, gardens, wooded scenery, pretty villages, grand houses, seaside scenery. We also love art.
We've been to Yorkshire, the Lake District, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Salisbury, Winchester, the Cotswolds, lots of Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen sites, Bath, Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Liverpool and to London several times.
We will spend a few days in London this time, and I'm pondering perhaps Canterbury and Cambridge, with driving. We have never visited to the east of London.
Another option is Derbyshire and Oxford. Ideally we would do 11 or 12 nights on the ground, coming from the US.
My favorite things are listed above. Which direction might you plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER I8OO:57O:I233 INSTALLATION CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Trans Siberian Train
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Scotland ideas
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 South of France
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria