Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need to find stations between St Pancras and Dover Priory

Old Aug 13th, 2022, 10:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to travel next year to the Dover cruise terminal so would go to Dover Priory and catch taxi The direct line is St Pancras to Dover Priory but I cannot find the list of stations which this train would stop at so I can use one closer to where I will be staying and not have to go into London Tried every way I an think of but no luck Help please
Old Aug 13th, 2022, 11:00 PM

I am not sure what you want. There are not direct trains between Dover Priory and StP.
You have to use https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ add the route you look at the times and you can see the stops that the train makes. If you just use London (all stations) you will see the direct trains to and from Dover P go to a different London terminal.

Old Aug 13th, 2022, 11:07 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors

" . . . so I can use one closer to where I will be staying "

OK , so where are you staying??

There are more than one line that serves Dover Priory from London -- leaving from St Pancras, Victoria, and Charing Cross. So if you tell us where you will be, we can help you with the closest station.
Old Aug 13th, 2022, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by VANAARLE View Post
. . . If you just use London (all stations) you will see the direct trains to and from Dover P go to a different London terminal.
I think the point of the OP's question is she isn't staying in London, since she says she doesn't want to go into London to catch the train.
Old Aug 13th, 2022, 11:20 PM

How about a MAP?
London_South_East_Network_Railcard_map_Dec-2021.pdf
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 12:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone I did some more investigating and to take the fast train from London (I would have to get there first) is very expensive without the cost of the first part and I can go Redhill to Tonbridge and then Tonbridge to Dover Priory for half the price so may do that total 34.88 per person
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 07:02 AM

So . . . Are you staying in Redhill ? Or somewhere else in Surrey?? Without knowing where you are starting from we can't really give useful advice/info.
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 07:28 AM

If you search for your train on www.thetrainline.com, when you see a train on the search results, click on the link that says "0 changes", When you click on that, there is another option called View Stops. You're not going to see that detail though for trains for next year, not on the trainline site nor the southeastern railways, too early for those schedules to be available for sale.
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 07:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the point of the question was to find a place to stay outside of London where the OP could catch a train to Dover Priory. Hence the need to know where the trains stop.

yvonnemorris2361, If you search the route "London (all stations)" to "Dover Priory," you get results for service originating at different points in London. Click on "View details" for a particular train. Near the bottom of the Route Details, look for "+show calling points." Click to see all stops and connecting times.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 07:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think the stops on that route will change, but the times might.
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone I am staying near Redhill it or East Croydon being the stations I would prefer to use Nearer the time I will check as you suggested Thanks again
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by yvonnemorris2361 View Post
Thank you everyone I am staying near Redhill it or East Croydon being the stations I would prefer to use Nearer the time I will check as you suggested Thanks again
Not sure why you'd need to wait. Stations do not change. From East Croydon there are two train routes that will get you to Dover Priory. One goes to St Pancras where you would have 17 minutes to transfer to a train to Dover Priory. The other line takes you to London Bridge Station where you'd have 15 minutes for the transfer Either route takes about the same time -- between 1 hr 51 minutes and 2 hrs 12 minutes. Between the two options trains run about every 20 to 30 minutes. Both transfer times are very generous.

From Redhill there are also two routes - one via St Pancras and one via Tonbridge -- these take a little longer but are still about 2:02 to 2:35 and run frequently throughout the day.

The only one that doesn't go into London is the Tonbridge option -- but it takes a little longer than the others.

Use the National Rail Journey planner here . . . https://www.nationalrail.co.uk
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

I think the Tonbridge option is best for the little more time Thanks everyone