I have done a bit of research, and have booked air (September 2015) into Zurich, first hotel will be in Murren for four nights. Not sure where to go from there - we depart from Amsterdam three weeks later.
We are a married couple who like:
-three or four night minimum in each place
-Rhine River (Bacharach?) is definitely on our list
-Bruges is also on the list
-we enjoy small towns, great eating, picnicing, wine, hiking, art in small doses, music (Strasbourg? Musical instrument museum in Brussels?), and recreational biking (we often rent a tandem bike); don't really plan on visiting the big cities other than Amsterdam. Not interested in war sites. We are independent travelers who often rent apartments instead of hotels.
Can you give me suggestions for 2-4 places in between the above stops?
We took our first trip to Europe last year (France and Italy), and thanks to wonderful help from fellow Fodorites, fell in love with Tuscany and the Loire Valley. Air France strike scored us two free roundtrips this year (imagine!) and so it was a tough decision NOT to return to Tuscany, but we don't know if we will ever get another chance to see Europe.
While researching France last trip, we were very tempted to travel the Alsace wine road in France. Would that be logical on this trip? Or is seeing the Rhine so similar that one would cancel out the other?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 2 사설토토추천사이트 ≪ 접속주소 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 6 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 9 Driving
- 10 Poland--where else to go
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 5 days in Andalusia
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 South of France
- 16 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 19 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 20 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 21 Shall we Gdansk?
- 22 Help with Spain itinerary
- 23 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 Ronda by bus in early January?
Need suggestions for stops between Swiss Alps and Amsterdam