Need Suggestions for Paris/Loire Valley

Jan 5th, 1998, 06:27 PM
Paul

Need Suggestions for Paris/Loire Valley

Message: Looking for suggestions for a very nice Hotel ($200-$400 US) to
stay first night in Paris near Eiffel Tower or other location where we can
appreciate a Romantic evening view of city from our room/balcony. My
fiancee and myself would like to travel into the Loire Valley and stay in a
Chateau for a couple of nights. Any suggestions?

Jan 5th, 1998, 09:51 PM
Dan

In the Loire valley, we stayed at the Domaine de la Tortiniere in the town of Montbazon, about six miles south of Tours - a country hotel of about 15 rooms or so with a fantastic dining room. It was great. But eve nbetter (although closer to Paris than the Valley) was the Chateau d'Esclimont - a 15th century palace, now run by Relais & Chateaux - a good idea for your last night in France especially if you are travelling out of Orly, which is about a 45-minute drive.

Jan 8th, 1998, 09:02 PM
michael

The Loire Valley is great. You have your pick of incredible places to stay and eat. I agree with the above recommendations. Another idea might be the Chateau de Chissay. Get a copy of the Relais & Chateaux Guide (call 800 information -- they have offices in the U.S., and if not 800, try 212) and flip through looking at pictures and fantasizing about which castle you want to stay in. I also would recommend for a stellar dinner in the Loire Valley the Chateau/Hotel de Beaulieu in Jouy-le-Tours near Tours.

Jan 8th, 1998, 09:05 PM
michael

The Loire Valley is great. You have your pick of incredible places to stay and eat. I agree with the above recommendations. Another idea might be the Chateau de Chissay. Get a copy of the Relais & Chateaux Guide (call 800 information -- they have offices in the U.S., and if not 800, try 212) and flip through looking at pictures and fantasizing about which castle you want to stay in. I also would recommend for a stellar dinner in the Loire Valley the Chateau/Hotel de Beaulieu in Jouy-le-Tours near Tours.

Jan 8th, 1998, 09:06 PM
michael

The Loire Valley is great. You have your pick of incredible places to stay and eat. I agree with the above recommendations. Another idea might be the Chateau de Chissay or the Chateau de Marcay. Get a copy of the Relais & Chateaux Guide (call 800 information -- they have offices in the U.S., and if not 800, try 212) and flip through looking at pictures and fantasizing about which castle you want to stay in. I also would recommend for a stellar dinner in the Loire Valley the Chateau/Hotel de Beaulieu in Jouy-le-Tours near Tours. In Paris, for $200-400 you can get an excellent room anywhere, although I can't really help you with the view part. Given the beauty of luxury Paris hotel rooms, you may not care about the view.