Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Need reasonably priced hotel recommendations in ROME for family of four (2 kids)!!!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/need-reasonably-priced-hotel-recommendations-in-rome-for-family-of-four-2-kids-259923/)

Monica Sep 21st, 2002 04:06 PM

Need reasonably priced hotel recommendations in ROME for family of four (2 kids)!!!!!

Hi everyone,<BR><BR>I'm trying to find out about hotels in Rome that are not too expensive and welcome children. We'll be there for one week in April.<BR><BR>Any suggestions? Thanks.

Book Chick Sep 21st, 2002 05:02 PM

Hi Monica,<BR>Yes, I have a few suggestions. One is Villa delle Rose. You can request one of the three "loft rooms" they have. These rooms sleep 5 people. The address is 5 via Vincenza, and the ph# is 06.445.1788, fax is 06.445.1639.<BR><BR>Another possibility is Hotel Sant'Angelo. They have a nice courtyard that makes you feel like you're not even in Rome. Their address is 16 via Mariana Dionigi, ph# is 06.32.42.000, fax is 06.320.4451. They have triples available.<BR><BR>Near Villa Borghese, you'll find another place with triples, the Hotel Delle Muse. They have a web site at www.hoteldellemuse.com, ph# is 06.808.8333, fax is 06.808.5749, and they're located at 18 via Tomasso Salvini. The owner of this place is a sweet guy named Giorgio Lazar, and I think your kids would like him.<BR><BR>Feel free to e-mail me directly for more info.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC <BR>

Monica Sep 21st, 2002 06:30 PM

Thanks Book Chick!!! I am going to look in to these!!!

msa Sep 21st, 2002 06:46 PM

We absolutely loved Hotel Miami! We had our two children with us, and the quad room was quite large. Very nice bathroom too. The staff were wonderful...exceptionally nice with the children. Location was good...a tad removed from most touristy stuff, but we walked everywhere, never needed a taxi or the metro. Safe too...even at night. Would definitely go back!!!

gb Sep 21st, 2002 06:50 PM

Two years ago, we stayed at the Casa Beata Margherita near the Vatican. It is a convent. The rooms were very simple-felt a bit like a hospital room. But it was immaculate with a new bathroom. All for about $65 a night for four(when the dollar was a higher).

Cindy Sep 23rd, 2002 07:36 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Isa this summer--with our two teenage sons. Quad room was very comfortable for 4 people--much larger than I expected. This hotel is located on Via Cicerone, just across the river within an easy walk of the Vatican and historical Roman sites (3 or 4 blocks to each).

Cindy Sep 23rd, 2002 07:36 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Isa this summer--with our two teenage sons. Quad room was very comfortable for 4 people--much larger than I expected. This hotel is located on Via Cicerone, just across the river within an easy walk of the Vatican and historical Roman sites (3 or 4 blocks to each). Price was 200 Euros for all 4 of us, including a very nice buffet breakfast.

Sherry Sep 23rd, 2002 07:41 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations for a family of four near the Piazza Navona or Spanish steps areas?

Mark Sep 23rd, 2002 07:46 AM

QUOTE: Another possibility is Hotel Sant'Angelo. They have a nice courtyard that makes you feel like you're not even in Rome. <BR><BR>Why would someone want to feel like they're not even in Rome?

Book Chick Sep 24th, 2002 06:04 PM

Mark, what I meant is that it's a departure from Vespas zooming past you, crowded streets, and cars honking, and it's a cool and refreshing spot with a lot of "greenery" one might enjoy on a warm day.

romabella Mar 7th, 2003 07:22 PM

hotel del corso<BR>www.delcorso.com

Grinisa Mar 8th, 2003 05:59 AM

Near Piazza Navona (actually very near the Pantheon) are the Santa Chiara and Del Senato. Both of them have quad rooms and/or a mini apartment but the prices are a bit higher--about 350 Euro per night in high season. Near the Spanish Steps, Hotel Mozart has a quad, around the same price as above and also Residence Barberini.

Iregeo Mar 8th, 2003 07:19 AM

We have a triple (I don't know if it will accomodate 1 more) at the Due Torri near Pza. Navona for 245 euro.

MFNYC Mar 8th, 2003 09:14 AM

We (also family of 4) stayed in a quad room (actually 2 room suite) at the Santa Chiara hotel. The location is great, the hotel is also very nice. The buffet breakfast is excellent.

MFNYC Mar 8th, 2003 09:15 AM

Santa Chiara is located behind the Pantheon, a short walk to Piazza Navona and Camp De Fiori.