Need quick help with leasing agency and location advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi--I asked this question in another thread and thought it might get a better response if I moved it here. We're traveling to Paris with a group of 6 on the 18th - 24th of June. The contract for the apartment we leased several weeks ago was recently cancelled by the owner, so we're scrambling now.

I've checked out a number of agencies and I have some options (a little pricier than I'd like though), but I wondered if any of you have had experience with Coach House Paris Vacation rentals? They contacted me after i sent in a request through rentalo.com. They mention reviews on tripadvisor but I'm digging and can't find them. The prices are right, the pictures look good, and it looks like they may have things available in the 4th, 5th 8th and 11th. I'm just worried about not finding reviews.

If I do decide to go this route, how should I prioritize the locations? Here's the link:

http://www.rentals.chsparis.com/properties.htm#

Thanks so much in advance for any and all info...
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
sap

I haven't used Coach House for Paris, but I did stay with them in London three years ago. They are quite easy to deal with, friendly and professional. They are based in London, so you won't have any problems communicating in English. I have no experience relative to their individual properties, though. We stayed in the original Coach House on the founder's own property. My understanding is that all of the other rentals are privately owned, then contracted for lease by Coach House when the owners are on vacation. There will thus be a wide variation in style, comfort and amenities.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
sap

To answer the remainder of your question, if I were doing the planning, I would first narrow down the list by my preferred arrondissement -- which is a very personal choice; and then by preferred amenities -- which is even more personal. Price & availability are obvious factors. If you're feeling overwhelmed, it's sometimes helpful to create a spreadsheet for comparison categorized by your own priorities.

My choice would be to start with the 4th & 5th arrondisements if they have suitable apartments there.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:32 AM

No experience with them and haven't heard anything, but they do have a few reviews on Tripadvisor, but for London, not Paris and that's a while, but I don't think of Tripadvisor as a place for apt rental reviews myself.

Well you know they have reviews on their own website, it's just not that common to find apt rental reviews anywhere else. The ones on their website are not that exciting. At least someone has heard of them and thinks they are good agents.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:57 AM

if you want some help to find an house sent me an email at [email protected] . Thos guys are not serious it seems .
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the info! We're just trying to find a place to stay right now within our budge, or we're going to wind up at the Paris Salvation Army. Another poster was kind enough to list a number of agencies for me to contact, but after doing so, most of them have everything that meets our needs and price guidelines booked up.

My travel partner has been in contact with classictravel.se They list themselves as the oldest tour operators in Sweden, and they also manage apartments in the countries they list on their site. She isn't sure how she found them. Again--I can't find reviews! We basically just want clean beds at this point, and to make sure that we'll actually have an apartment when we arrive. Does anyone know if it's a reputable agency, and how do I find out? Thank you so much in advance.

http://classictravel.se/indexeng.html
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Coach House Paris Vacation Rentals is trying to pull info together for us as we speak, but they're still in the process of contacting the owners. I'm just trying to make sure we have a Plan B. Thanks again!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:43 PM

Have you ever thought of a plan B as trying to find a hotel? I don't know who is in your group, but if it isn't two adults with four children, it would be a lot easier. The problem is that finding an apt for six is difficult to being with, and then you want it in just a few weeks in peak season.

What is your price range, anyway?

ok, here is a reputable Parisian agency I've used, they've been in business many years and have a calendar you can find availability right away: www.locaflat.com

They do have one apt available during your dates that sleeps six at 193 bd Brune, about 900 m2. It actually doesn't look too bad and seems reasonable in rent but I don't know your requirements, that's the problem (ie, how many and what kind of beds). this is it http://locaflat.com/aptlist/brune4.html

It is down at the bottom of the 14th, but better than the homeless shelter, I suppose. THere is a tram running now down along there which makes it more convenient. At least it's right next to a metro stop and has an elevator. I am assuming you really mean you want one for a week (leave the 25th), because if you start getting into only wanting it 6 days, you may put up another obstacle.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Christina--thanks. I know the 18th is way out, but as long as it's close to the metro stop I really don't care anymore, and we're willing to rent the entire week. We'd still like an apartment but we're also exploring the hotel option. We're traveling with 2 families--I have boys aged 12 & 16, and the other family is another mom with girls aged 14 & 17. We're running into the same problem with finding triple rooms and/or adjoining rooms (both of us are uncomfortable having younger teens half way across the hotel from us in a strange city), but I've just started looking. Three decent hotel rooms are obviously going to be much higher than an apartment, but if we have to do it we will.

At this point, we've chopped the "needs" down to a clean, safe place to sleep--close to a metro stop, and in a safe walking area (not completely deserted at night?). We're trying to keep the apartment budget under $400 or 270E/night--less is better. We're flexible on beds--the sibling sets can each share a bed, and if the other mom and I have to, we will as well, although twin beds would be preferred. We can go the fold out sofa route for the third bed if we have to.

I appreciate your help. We have an apartment we can take with classictravel.se., but as I said, I can't find any reviews on them...
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:53 AM

congrats on finding an apt at leat
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank YOU for all your help! You were great!
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM

well, where are your new digs, though, aren't you going to tell us, people want to know?
Old May 18th, 2011, 02:07 PM

JanetZav,

Did you ever find any reviews of classictravel.se? I'm thinking about booking a rental with them but had the same concern-- no online reviews to be found. Makes me cautious... Would like to know whether you found any.