Need lots of help

Search

Need lots of help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2006, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need lots of help

I will be in London in early October. I will be then spending a couple of days in Worchestshire and then have 5 to 7 days with a car to see Ireland. Never been and have no clue as to what I can see in that time. Where to take ferry? How far should I travel in that time? Any suggestions for an itinery would be most appreciate. We will be one couple in early 30th's. Enjoy everything. Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 08:57 AM

Prepare for the following responses:

1. What's your budget?

2. What are your specific interests?

3. Where will you depart Ireland from?

4. <enjoy everything> much too vague.

5. Maybe flying from England to Ireland?

AS well as others.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 08:58 AM

One more response:

6. Repost with more specific title.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Budget would be about 200 euros a day.
We are Canadian but will borrow a friends car when in London so thought that we would bring that to Ireland.Like city life, pubs, architect but also some countryside views and places.I do not know where I would depart from except to say I am leaving from around Worchestire area of England.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 09:17 AM

Spelling help: <b>Worcestershire</b>
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 09:29 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You missed mikeyb's most important advice. To re-post w/ a title that tells us something &quot;Need Lots of help&quot; could be asking about anywhere in Europe.

Having said that - Where in Ireland do you want to go? And are you sure you want to pay for a car on the ferries? If you want mostly cities you won't need a car in places like Dublin. So it would probably make more sense to just rent a car for a couple of days after you are in Ireland. Also - no ferries near Worcester - you'd have to go to the west coast of Wales or up to Liverpool Taking a ferry really doesn't make much sense when you can easily fly from Birmingham to Dublin or Cork.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 09:41 AM

Yes, flying the short and reasonably priced flights from England to Dublin or Shannon makes more sense....and renting a car there. The Southwest part of Ireland is lovely: possible Galway, or down to Adare, Kenmare, Kinsale, DINGLE is a a wonderful town,Slea Head drive is beautiful, and possibly drive back (across country) to Dublin and turn in the car there.
Be alert and know that you can't make as good time and mileage ...with the roads being 2 lane, some rough, curvy etc....but OH SO BEAUTIFUL and interesting.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 09:47 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If it were me - I'd fly into Cork instead. Spend the whole time in the SW and then fly back (either to B'ham or London depending on the car situation back in England)

You don't have enough time to see more than one or two parts of Ireland, so I'd concentrate on the SW/W and forget about Dublin. But if Dublin is a &quot;must&quot; then I'd stick to the city and one other semi-nearby area.