Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need info re Bulgarian hotels,B&Bs, buses

Feb 25th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

My husband and I are going to Bulgaria in June, need your advice and insights into inexpensive hotels or B & Bs in Sophia, Plovdiv, and any other info you can share re your experience in Bulgaria. Thanks very much!
Mar 17th, 2007, 11:40 AM

In general there are many hotels you could stay in. The inexpensive part is relative. I could offer you information on travel in Bulgaria on my blog: http://travel.chinafinds.com

At the site you can find information and images from Melnik, Bansko, Nessebar, Kazanlqk...and some other places in BG. I am adding information as I get a chance to do...
Mar 17th, 2007, 12:25 PM

Right now my favourite website - apart from fodors of course! - is

www.bulgariaski.com

OK, it is primarily a winter sport based website but don't forget that the resorts are still open all summer for walking, hiking, spa treatments etc. Some good hotel deals are to be found.

Pamporovo is less than 2 hours from Plovdiv. It is in the heart of the Rhodope Mountains and the views are spectacular. We stayed in the Orlovetz which was very nice though other hotels are cheaper.

Ben Haines is a poster here and he has travelled fairly extensively in the Balkan countries. If you search here using his name you will find some of his threads.

Warning - Bulgarian food is served warm, if not cold, because they believe hot food is bad for the digestion! But the beer is good and cheap, and so is the wine!
Mar 17th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Type into the search box above the words

ben haines bulgaria

and up comes every thread on Bulgaria that he has responded to. He really does have some good advice.
Oct 21st, 2007, 03:08 PM

Hi

here another usefull link for hotel booking in Bulgaria:
http://bghotelite.net

Cheers!
Nov 5th, 2008, 12:21 PM

If you would like to contact us or visit our sites www.holidayapartmentstvlas.com
www.skiapartmentpamporovo.com

we can share our Bulgarian experiences with you. We have visited Bulgaria at least once a year for the last five years.