Reload this Page >

NEED INFO ON LUGGAGE RESTRICTIONS ON OLYMPIC FLIGHTS TO GREEK ISLANDS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 09:56 AM
KRISTA

HI, <BR> <BR>We will be traveling from Athens to Mykonos, then to Santorini, and back to Athens by Olympic Airways. I understand they allow a limited number of bags-whether carry-on or checked. I will be bringing a 22 inch wheeled bag (carry-on size) and a medium duffel bag (easily able to fit under the seat in front of me) Will I be able to bring both? I can definitely check one if I have to.

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 10:47 AM
Thyra

Krista, go to: <BR> http://www.olympic-airways.gr/ <BR>Go to Passenger Information and then to Baggage. <BR>Good Luck! <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 02:47 PM
Diane

A couple years ago I traveled around Greece with a friend who had an enormous amount of luggage with her and kept adding to it as we traveled. We encountered no problems with Olympic.

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 02:51 PM
elvira

Ditto, Diane (and we had a stone sculpture that weighed about as much as an anvil)

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 05:38 PM
Susan

We're also flying to/from some of the islands in September. I do recall somewhere that if you book your flights from out of the country and you've taken an international flight to get to Greece (i.e., your domestic flights were booked before you go to Greece), they give you more leeway in terms of how much luggage you can carry. I have no idea where I read that, so can't really vouch for it. (I sure hope so.)

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 08:54 PM
Diane

I'm not really certain about being allowed more luggage as an international traveler. We did book our domestic flights before reaching Athens through a travel agent in Athens. Keep in mind that the domestic terminal is different than the international terminal. With a lot of luggage I recommend you take a taxi from one to the other. We took the bus, which only cost about $1 per person, but with a lot of luggage this was a bit of a pain. The ride from one to the other is about 10 minutes.