Reload this Page >

Need info. on Lesvos Island?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 11:45 AM
ellen

Anyone have any insight as to which part of the island to stay in Lesvos? What town is the airport in? Which is the nicest hotel on the beach? We're looking for something close enough to "town", but a remote beach, but a part of the island that is close to other sites. Considering renting a car for the week. Enough to do on the island for 5 days or should we consider another island also? Thanks.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Thyra

Go to www.greektravel.com<BR><BR>Matt Barrett's web site has all of the islands listed alphabetically and there is an especially detailed page on Lesvos.<BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Sheila

I've not been but I'm planning to go.<BR><BR>I think Skalla Kaloni sound right to stay in for being central and what's round about.<BR><BR>Can't do hotels for you.<BR><BR>The airport is at Mytilini.<BR><BR>I could spend a month there without a problem<BR><BR>You could have a look at www.lesvos.com<BR><BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Martha

Ellen -<BR><BR>I stayed on Lesvos in June 2000 for a week. I spent the first week at Molyvos, which is a lovely little town on the west coast (opposite from the airport and Mytilini, which is a much larger town). Molyvos has a castle at the top of the hill and all stone houses. There's a very picturesque wharf and nice shops and restaurants. There is a beach that is nice, but rocky. The other place I stayed on Lesvos was Vatera Beach which is very isolated but has a beautiful long sand beach. Lesvos has wonderful scenery and an amazing number of olive trees. Watch out for the old men on donkeys when you're driving.<BR>Martha<BR>

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 04:40 AM
Carol

I've posted a reply on this island that might interest you on"LESVOS-STILL LOOKING FOR INFORMATION".Carol