I am traveling from San Diego, CA to Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome in July/August for 16 days with my 20 year old daughter. I would love hotel suggestions and help with my itinerary. I am looking at 4 star hotels ($150 or less per night ). I know it will be hot, so a/c is a must and would also like to be centrally located to attractions, etc. I have spent hours reading guide books, internet browsing, reading others comments on this site and am overwhelmed, so would love some help! Trying to decide if I should book hotel/airfare separately or is it cheaper to book it all together on sites like Expedia, etc. Any other comments regarding my itinerary would also be appreciated!
July 27-31 Paris (4 nights). Fly from San Diego to Paris (would like to stay in St. Germain area) Hotel Clement looks nice
July 31-Aug 2 Venice (2 nights). Fly from Paris to Venice (stay in St. Marks or Dorsoduro?)
Aug 2-6 Florence (4 nights). Take train from Venice to Florence (would love to day trip to Tuscany/Siena/Chianti wine tasting)
Aug 6-12 Rome (6 nights). Take train from Florence to Rome (would like to stay in Piazza Navona/Campo de Fiori areas)
Aug 12 Fly home Rome to San Diego
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 2 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 5 Rome Hotel
- 6 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 7 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 8 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 9 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 10 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 11 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 12 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 13 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland
- 16 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 17 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 18 Finally The Bowl Has Begun
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 Moscow Hotels
- 25 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
Need hotel/itinerary suggestions for Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome