Reload this Page >

need hotel suggestion in mayfair or nearby for family

Old May 20th, 2006, 03:28 AM
g2g
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for suggestions for a hotel setup to accommodate 3 adults and 2 children. I would prefer two connecting rooms large enough to sleep two children one adult/connecting to a room for two adults. The athenium wont work unless I take two one bedroom apartments. Is there something similar that may have some larger apartments or rooms?
Old May 20th, 2006, 05:20 AM

When are you going & what do you want to spend?
Old May 20th, 2006, 06:44 AM
kr

comfort inn, hyde park in Mayfair

Here I posted this 2 years ago.

Stayed at this hotel in Flat #4 May 28-June 3rd. It is in a building next to the hotel. The location is on a very quiet street about 2 blocks from Hyde/Kensington Park. Really nice area also.

The flat came with breakfast which consists of coffee or tea or hot chocolate for the kids, cereal, rolls or salami and cheese. The eggs were 4 pounds with sausage but they were cooked in oil as the Brits like to do and we tossed them ughhh.

The cost was 160 pounds for a two bedroom flat. When we arrived we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom, this was good since we were 2 adults and three children.

Ok the flat was run down, carpet and couches were ripped. The beds were all singles and they were old. The roof leaked during a rain storm and this wasnt even the top floor. You can here people walking above your head. The kitchen floor was buckled. But on a positive it was clean.

Would I stay there again probably but after my 10th time to England I dont see myself going back anytime soon.

Lol not a very good review but maybe it has been upgraded since.

Old May 20th, 2006, 06:49 AM
g2g
Original Poster

Want to keep it to about $600 us per night
Old May 20th, 2006, 11:47 AM

Try the Holiday Inn Mayfair. It is very popular with families.
Old May 20th, 2006, 12:01 PM

The Holiday Inn Mayfair has good-sized rooms and is in a great location, very near an underground station. It's within walking distance of Fortnum and Mason's and even Piccadilly Circus.
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:07 PM

g2g, You can also try the DeVere Cavendish which is across from Fortnum & Mason in St. James's. I saw a number of families during our stay so they must have family size rooms. I thought our room had a connection to the next room as well. The location and staff were wonderful. Deborah
Old May 20th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Unless you're set on a hotel, enter Mayfair in the search at this site. You'll find some great flats that should meet your requirements. I've used this company several times:

http://www.londonguestsuites.com/
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:21 PM

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Mayfair for our London visit in March. The rooms have two double beds, and the hotel location is fantastic. We will stay there this summer again.

Here is what I wrote about the hotel in my trip report:

The hotel is just off Piccadilly in Mayfair. The Green Park tube station (3 tube lines connect there) is within a block, and busses run along Piccadilly. It is a short walk to the West End, Westminster, Buckingham Palace, Oxford Street and Hyde Park. The hotel reviews on TripAdvisor were mixed (as usual) but we found the rooms have all been redone recently. Our room was very nice, small but not as tiny as I expected. We were able to find corners and tables for our luggage so we wouldn’t trip over our stuff.
Bathroom was also good. With the minimal amount of time that we were in the hotel, one room worked out fine for the three of us.

We did not book our reservations to include breakfast, which is pretty expensive. For simple baked goods/coffee, Starbucks is directly across the street and Café Nero around the corner. The Wolseley is about a block away with very good breakfasts (about the same price as the hotel’s). For take out options, Sainsbury’s is about a block and there’s a Marks and Spencer food hall right at the Green Park tube station, also a block.
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:29 PM

whoops! Meant to put in the price of the Holiday Inn Mayfair. It is £144/night/room for weeknights and £126/night/room for weekends with AAA discount. You'd need two rooms, but don't know if they have any rooms that connect.

We also looked at apartments at 44 Curzon Street, but haven't actually seen them:
http://www.mtaint.co.uk/

Old May 21st, 2006, 12:47 PM

We won the Holiday Inn Mayfair for last Oct on priceline for $100 per nite. ($ not &pound
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM

I haven't actually used Priceline, but isn't it limited to 1 or two adults? Would be hard to do a family/more than 2 per room...
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:01 PM

The Holiday Inn Mayfair is a good suggestion, IMHO. It is a 3star + in a terrific location, and "reasonable" for the high-end Mayfair area.