Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need Hotel review in Paris ( Hotel France d' Antin)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2005, 07:19 AM
jpj
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found no reviews on Hotel France d' Antin on any site. I am looking for a hotel for my husband and I in Oct. for a 4 night stay and would like to find if anyone can give me any information on this hotel or where I might read a review. Would like to know current conditions of rooms, quality, helpfulness of staff, etc. Thanks for any help you can offer
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 10:48 AM

Are you open to alternative hotels?, October is still high season in Paris, and you'll need to make a reservation very soon. If you haven't been able to find any reviews of the France d'Antin, you might think of choosing another hotel at this point.
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 11:19 AM

did you try venere.com

I find a lot of hotels don't have reviews in Europe, some times that just means that people have not found it. Just want to throw it out there you don't always need a review, kind of like the movies. Ever see a film get trashed by the critics and you liked it? Just a thought, I am sure you are a grown up all on your own LOL.

Let us know how it goes.
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 12:21 PM

It wasn't all that long ago that we had very few resources for checking out hotels--travel guides and magazine articles were about all. However, we mostly found good places to stay without any difficulty. Expectations for information have really risen in the past several years.
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 04:17 PM

Is that the same as Hotel Antin Trinite on Île-de-France?
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 07:19 AM
jpj
Original Poster

No they are different hotels, the address of Hotel France d'Antin is 22 rue d'Antin, the address for the one you listed is 74 rue de Provence.
In one site it said they had been there since the 60's so I can't believe there is no review anywhere. I'd sure like to know when the last time they remodled was.
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 10:16 AM

I looked in a couple places I know for reviews, and there weren't any, either. I would have expected a few if it's been around a while. However, there are so many hotels in Paris, that I think there are many that aren't publicized a lot which are probably very good finds, and won't have reviews. They often may be cheaper than the handful of places everybody talks about so much. I know people have to kind of be internet savvy, or use it a lot for travel, to even know about places to post reviews.

I've read a lot about it, though, it's been mentioned in several articles as a decent hotel, but you never know if they just cited it because of some publicity by the hotel.

It looks okay online, if I were really interested, I'd ask the hotel about the renovations, and be pretty specific so you don't get information just about the lobby or other rooms, but not the one you get.

The room photos look nice enough to me, and it obviously has had some upgrades or remodeling since it started, as it has A/C, satellite TV and minibars, and you wouldn't have had those years ago. The bathroom also appears to have a modern shower with doors in it, but its a little hard to tell, and marble counters. That bathroom is clearly not that old (in the photo).

You don't mention it, but I assume you've seen their website? It doesn't have the obvious name you might expect so perhaps you missed it:

http://www.paris-hotel-france-opera.com/

They seem sincere about wanting to please the customer, at least it says that, so why not write and ask?