Reload this Page >

Need hotel rec's in Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 08:07 PM
Mark

Sorry to ask this question yet again, but I tried four times to search past posts and the system just won't cooperate. We're looking for a nice Milan hotel/B&B/inn for two nights in June 2000. Prefer something in the moderate to low-end-of-expensive range. Many thanks in advance!

Old Jan 14th, 2000, 05:55 AM
Paul

We stayed for two nights in October at the Grand Hotel Duomo in Milan. It is moderately expensive, but very posh and in a positively dead central location. It is right across from the Duomo and we had a spectacular view of the spires and roof from our window ( need to request this). It is right next door to La Rennocinta (?sp) a beautiful department store, and also right next door to the gorgeous Galleria and all its stores and restaurants. La Scala is right through the Galleria at the other end. The Last Supper is about a 15 minute walk. I highly recommend it. However, if you are driving it is almost impossible to get to because of narrow one-way streets. They do have an expensive garage. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 14th, 2000, 06:36 AM
Sandy

My friend and I stay here (Oct '98)--Hotel Ada, Via Sammartini 15, 669-826-32. With back to the train tracks, go out into the main hall and go right towards the Information Center, go down the escalator and out the door, cross the street and go right to Sammartini, you can see the sign for Hotel Ada on the left. <BR> <BR>Great small penzionne. We had #207, with 2 twin beds, full bath, wardrobe, desk, room had pull out/down double bed in wall (also), phone, good lights, color TV w/remote, our room (and probably 208) had a huge balcony, 120,000/night ($74 inc. breakfast--coffee, sweet rolls). Right next to a police substation, so is very safe. Also has an elevator.

Old Jan 14th, 2000, 07:56 AM
Paul

We stayed at the Antica Locanda dei Mercanti in 1998. Very, very nice small small hotel in a non-descript building. The location was very good - you could easily walk down to the duomo and Galleria areas. We walked all over from there. They are also a few minutes walk from a subway stop. Their rooms in 1998 were ITL 200,000 / 220,000 / 250,000. Their web address is "http://www.locanda.it/". <BR> <BR>About a block away is the Hotel Star. We didn't stay here, but it did look nice. Their web site has a map, so you can see where both the Star and the Locanda are located (same street, different names on either side of via Broletto. The web page for the Star is "http://www.starhotel.it/eng/main.htm".

Old Jan 16th, 2000, 12:58 PM
Mark

Anyone else?

Old Jan 16th, 2000, 11:32 PM
deepa

About, Hotel Ada, I have to say that even though we stayed there once before in December 1998 and were very pleased overall for the price and for our requirement which was to stay one night close to the train station since we had to take a train very early in the morning, our recent exprience in Aug, 1999 was quite bad. The rooms were infested with mosquitoes and there was no airconditioning (or fans). The owner said that it would be switched on only if the temp. went up beyond a certain point. We were extremely uncomfortable that night. Also, the first time our room did not face the road and was quiet. This time it did and the traffic noise was excessive.