Reload this Page >

Need hotel recommendations for trip to London and Dublin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Sully

Hi all, we're planning a trip to London and Dublin from January 3, 2003 till January 17, 2003 (one week in each country). We're buying the Britrail passes, so I'm not worried about getting around once we're there. I was, however, looking from some affordable, but fairly nice, hotels. Preferably under $100 a night, and I think I'm making arrangements through expedia.com. I'd prefer no Best Westerns or anything like that...we're not really trying to be that touristy <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Sull

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Natasha

Hi, everyone seems to recommend Jury's -I looked into it but I didn't think it sounded that cheap. Anyway, we booked a room at Kinlay House Hostel. As someone on this board kindly pointed out to me "it's a hostel". I'm going for cheap and a good location so that really doesn't bother me. I got a double room with an ensuite bathroom for 57 Euros. I have no idea what it will be like but I'll try to remember to post a report on it when I get back. Natasha

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 08:32 AM
bettyk

Sully, Best Westerns in Europe are not like the BW's here in the U.S. Many of them are charming properties, typical of the area. If you do a search on this site for "London Hotels" you should lots of great info. I would also suggest that you check frequently with www.londontown.com as well as www.hotel-assist.com.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Haw

I used www.discountcityhotel.com as suggested on this site last January 2002, for a hotel in London and ended up staying at the Bayswater Inn for 47 dollars with conti. breakfast. Not close to the center of London but the tube made getting there easy. The hotel was decent and had a pub open until midnight. Right now I think your a little early in making reservations. Wait until October rates will come down.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:00 PM
sully

thanks for the tips. i'll be sure to wait till at least mid-october to make reservations. so far, i'm considering the quality hotel or the paddington court hotel. anyone been to these? still not sure about dublin yet...<BR><BR>also, what's the best way to go about things with traveling over there? i'd really like to just move along and stay at b&b every night after the first couple, but i'd rather not lug around my bags for 2 weeks on the rails. any suggestions???<BR><BR>thanks again,<BR>sull

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:54 AM
samaritan

Dear Sully<BR><BR>Try <BR><BR>www.londonrooms.biz <BR><BR>for discounted hotels and bed and breakfast establishments in central london<BR><BR>Regards