Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

need hotel recomendations for prague, vienna, vience and munich - train info too

need hotel recomendations for prague, vienna, vience and munich - train info too

Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:57 PM
chris

headed there this summer for 8 nights--- flying in and out of Munich - headed to Prague, Vienna and Venice or anthing in between based on what people have to say ----how long to stay in each place??? would love to hear all your ideas - hotels-- looking to spend $100-125 a night- don't need 5 star -- just clean and in a good central location - many thanks in advance

Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:56 AM
Clare

Hi Chris
Re: Prague, I've stayed in the Marriot, Renaissance, and a small Golden Tulip run establishment called Hotel Maximillion. I would recommend the Golden tulip hands over the other hotels - more central location, cheaper and newer. www.goldentulip.com

Apr 15th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Chris

http://www.tradescotours.com/hotel/austria_hotels.htm

Can recommend both the Tigra and Deutschmeister from this site. I'm not plugging the site or anything, I've used these 2 hotels, and both are excellent. Tigra is nearer the centre though (5 mins walk), but the Deutschmeister is only 3 or so stops out on a direct underground line to the centre as well. Would recommend 3 days for Vienna, can be done in less with a less leisurely schedule!

Apr 16th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Barry

We xtayed in Prague last month at the K+K Fenix Hotel... new hotel... excellent location just off Wenceslas Square... fantastic breakfasts... would stay there again...

In Vienna it's either the Sacher or Bristol... their location makes the price bearable ;>)

Apr 16th, 2002, 08:35 AM
off path

oh my god you are going to such exotic places i don't know anyone who has every been to any of those funny-named villages. hey wait a minute! didn't some other posters put messages up already about those funny-named villages? yea, I think so. why didn't you look for those messages first?

Apr 16th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Steve

Vienna: 1) Konig Von Ungarn www.kvu.at
2) Pension Perchinsky (sp) 3) Pension Neur Markt (sp). Check www.nethotels.com for an excellent site on central european hotels.
Munich: Only stayed at the Platzl, 5 star location, 5 star breakfast, 3 star room (nothing fancy but perfectly fine), 4 star price. Have fun.