Need Hotel in Lindau on Bodensee

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 06:36 PM
bettyk

Need Hotel in Lindau on Bodensee

Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Lindau? From the internet, I found two on the Boardwalk (Seepromenade) that sound good: the Lindauer Hof and the Helvetia. The first one is more expensive but both look nice. Anyone with experience here? Thanks.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 07:21 AM
anne

The Hotel Reutemann und Seegarten is very nice. The hotel has little villas w/ake view. There is a nice tavern w/ good food
ph#08382/01-50
email - [email protected]
Down the road in Meersburg I have a great hotel id needed - called
The 3 stuben, overlooks the lake and castle, good rates very nice food
3stuben.de ( I think)
good luck , i love that part of Germany
You can email w/ specific questions if you like

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 12:05 PM
Laura

Betty:

No experience with the hotels you listed but we stayed in a lovely hotel there in August. It is just a couple of blocks off the boardwalk and just across the bridge leading into Lindau. We have a very large room for 3 people and paid just barely over $100/night. The breakfast buffet was very good as well (as it seems to be all over Germany). It is run by a 2-generation family who were very helpful.

Here's the information on it --

Hotel Garni-Brugger
Bei der Heidenmauer 11
Schmiedgasse 14
88131 Lindau/Bodensee
011 49 83 82 93 410
Fax: 011 49 83 82 4133
www.hotel-garni-brugger.de

Have a wonderful time there. It was the last stop on our 3-1/2 week trip and a PERFECT place to wind down for a couple of days before heading back to the states.

Laura

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 01:39 PM
ingrid

Lindauer Hof is recomemnded by www.karenbrown.com , which I found to be very reliable.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 04:10 PM
bettyk

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I wish we had more time in this area but are only going to be there 1 night. Would love to go back and see Meersburg and surroundings on another trip.