Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   need hotel in frankfurt (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/need-hotel-in-frankfurt-62514/)

michael Feb 13th, 2000 08:26 AM

need hotel in frankfurt

i need help on finding a nice local hotel in frankfurt. don't want a big chain. looking for local charm.

harzer Feb 14th, 2000 04:44 AM

I don't know if such a place as you are looking for exists in Frankfurt itself. I suggest you go over to Mainz which is a most attractive town on the Rhine about a 20-minute train ride from Frankfurt. The Terminus Hotel directly opposite the railway station at 4 Alicen St. has singles from DM75-DM105. The phone number is 06131/229876. Otherwise try going across to one of the little Rhine villages like Ruedesheim, Bingen or Assmannshausen.

Russ Feb 14th, 2000 04:15 PM

Mainz is a nice city. The Terminus is one of the few reasonably cheap places in town, but it's in a noisy location right across from the train station. I don't have any good recommendations for Mainz or Frankfurt, but if you're looking for a smaller town, just south of Mainz is Bodenheim, a small village in the Rhine-terrace wine region and on a main train line just 40 minutes from Frankfurt Airport. An acquaintance recently recommended the Hotel Battenheimer Hof there. This website has some info: <BR> <BR>www.bodenheim.de <BR> <BR>Don't bother with the English option (one page.) Click on "Verkehrsverein" on the left, then "Beherbergungen" on the right, and there'll be a list of accommodations, several of which have their own web pages -- you can click these on and reserve on line, too. <BR>the "Helga May" looks particularly nice -- double with bath for 130 DM. Click "Reservierung" at the bottom for a reservation form in German and English.

SKK Feb 14th, 2000 06:04 PM

Another option is Heidelberg, thirty minutes away with excellent train connexions, of course. Small University town, castle, river -- the Neckar -- bridges and a quaint 'altstad.' <BR>K.

Jennifer Feb 19th, 2000 04:54 PM

I am also looking for accommodation in or near Frankfurt. Does the train from Heidelberg take you right to the Frankfurt Airport? <BR>

Jennifer Feb 19th, 2000 04:56 PM

It's me again! <BR>Would a train from Koblenz take you to the Frankfurt Airport, and if so, approx. how many minutes. <BR>Thanks! <BR>

harzer Feb 19th, 2000 07:09 PM

Koblenz to Frankfurt airport direct: <BR>ex K at 08.54/09.47 etc <BR>arr FA at 10.00/10.53 etc. Fare DM40.00. <BR> <BR>Heidelberg to Frankfurt Airport with one change: <BR>ex H at 08.08/09.07 etc <BR>arr FA. at 09.02/10.02 etc. Fare DM 25.60, 32.60, 40.00 depending on class of train.

miriam Feb 19th, 2000 07:17 PM

Hello Michael, <BR>if you really want to be close to Frankfurt you may want to have a look at the "Harheimer Hof" in Harheim, which is a suburb of Frankfurt. It`s a very nice hotel with good service and an excellent restaurant. You`ll be 15 minutes away from Frankfurt downtown. I think it`s possible to book it online through www.hrs.de <BR> <BR>Kind regards <BR> <BR>Miriam