Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Charming small hotes on the Italian Riv?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 07:44 AM
Margaret

My husband and I will be travelling thru the Italian Riviera (with lots of help from Fodorites!)in June. I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts about a small hotel around Sta. Margherita (doesn't have to be right there)Looking for charm. ...Any suggestions?--Margaret

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 12:08 PM
Diane

I stayed at the Hotel Laurin, which is (or at least was in 1997) a Best Western. Nothing terribly special about it except that it was in a good location and our room had a huge terrace overlooking the harbor. One place I've noticed a lot of people recommend is the Jolanda. You can do a search -- I know they have a web page. It looks charming .

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 12:13 PM
Diane

While you're in Santa Margherita, try the restaurant Da Baicin. It's not in the mainstream, but well worth looking for. It was recommended by several people on another bulletin board and turned out to be the best restaurant on our trip. It was reasonably priced and not fancy -- just great food. If you are there on a weekend, be sure to have reservations for dinner at whatever restaurant you decide on. This is a popular resort town for the Italians and the weekends are busy. <BR> <BR>Also, you will be close to Portofino. I recommend you take the boat there for the view and the bus back for a different perspective. Either way, the ride is very short.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 02:27 PM
Ellen

I can highly recommend the Hotel Jolanda in Santa Marg. Liguria for both charm and location. 5 min. on foot to water or to the central station. Here is their web site and the pictures are true of what you find when you get there: <BR>http://www.promix.shiny.it/hotel/jolanda <BR>If I did not do the link correctly, e-mail me directly and I'll send it to you. <BR>Ellen <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 06:51 PM
Kay

I will join with the others that enjoyed their stay at the Hotel Jolanda <BR>in Santa Margherita. This is the most <BR>delightful town! Please save time to <BR>enjoy this beautiful location and the <BR>shopping is an added bonus. Wish I could go back right now.