Need help with using Air France site

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some help with using the AirFrance website to search for open jaw tickets. A few weeks ago I successfully did this (performed a search into one airport and home from another). But now I'm trying again and can not seem to get the site to give me anything other than regular round trip schedules. I know lots of you use airfrance. Can anyone explain to me exactly how to do this. It's so frustrating cause I know I did it only about a month ago and now I can't. Thanks
Old Dec 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM

I just looked at the Air France website, and likewise did not find a "multiple destinations" option. However, you can perform an open-jaw search on Orbitz or Travelocity and specify Air France as your preferred airline.
Old Dec 29th, 2004, 09:53 PM

Air France has one of the worst airline Web sites. They lose me from the moment I read the banner, which boldly proclaims, "lowest fares, cheap tickets to Paris, France, Nice, Europe, Asia, Africa". False advertising, pure and simple.

The "Book Online" feature is over-engineered, with lots of pretty design effects. It supports only round-trip and one-way bookings. The FAQ does not address open jaw ("multiple city&quot bookings.

As someone else has suggested, you can use Orbitz, Travelocity, or any other booking site that lets you designate a preferred carrier.

If you want to use an airline Web site so that you can pick up bonus miles for booking online, etc., consider Delta. Delta has a code-share agreement with Air France, and Delta's site does allow "multiple city" bookings.

If bonuses aren't important, consider calling Air France on the phone.

Paul Marcelin-Sampson
Santa Cruz, California, USA
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 02:30 AM

I had the same problem with AF's site. I finally just picked up the phone and had my quote in a few minutes.
In my case flying into Bordeaux and out of Marseille was the same price as roundtrip fare.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for replying. I have used the fare finder sites, I always start with them, and in fact almost always end of booking with them. But about a month ago I found a flight schedule with times and connections I liked for an "OK" price and it was on AirFrance so I went to their own site to see how their price was. At the time I WAS able to do an open jaw search (and the price was actually a few dollars lower than on the fare finder sites). I'm still hoping the prices will drop some more but when I went to do the search this time I couldn't get it do to open jaws. That's what is so frustrating - I DID do it once, and now I can't. Oh well. If anyone knows the secret please let me know.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 08:29 AM

The Air France site is temperamental: sometimes it will let you do something, another time not. What frustrates me is the inability to book travel within France on the English site--it can be done only on the French site (at least right now!).
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 08:49 AM
ira

>The Air France site is temperamental: sometimes it will let you do something, another time not.<

I agree. I have gotten it to do open jaws, but not as often as it not allowing it.

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

underhill and ira - thanks for letting me know that it's the airfrance site and not me. I was afraid I was imagining things. Guess I'll just have to keep checking.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 08:21 PM

Isabel,

I've had the best luck by calling Air France directly. Their agents, once you are finally connected to one, are very helpful. Godd luck!