I'm planning a trip for my father who will be staying at Monterosso for a few nights and then one night in Santa Margherita Ligure to visit Portofino.
He'll be leaving Santa Margherita Ligure to go to Lausanne/Lavaux.
Please help with the train travel from SML to Lausanne! I would like to plan the train trip with minimal transfers and hoping to reach Lausanne in the afternoon instead of late evening.
Would he have to go to Sestri Levante, Genoa, Milan, and then Lausanne? (that's a lot of transfers)
Thank you for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 7 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Current plan for March trip
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Spain in 2018
- 15 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 21 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 25 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
Need help with train travel from Santa Margherita Ligure to Lausanne