I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG $$ renewal Installation CONTACT ☎18006817208 AVGTec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 3 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 4 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 5 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 6 Once upon a time in Italy
- 7 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 8 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 9 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 10 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 11 beware of robbed in Milan
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 14 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 23 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel