Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need help with seats at Olympic Stadium - West Ham v. Burnle

Old Feb 13th, 2020, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Hello - any West Ham fans who can help me figure out seating? We are a group of 8 who want to see this match in April. I have gone on Stub Hub, and for some of the Upper Tier Longside tickets, it doesn't give a section number, just "Upper Tier Longside, 1 - 4" tickets, and then another set of "Upper Tier Longside - 4 tickets" I know this is GA but are seats in the Upper Tier Longside assigned by section? or can I buy a group of 4 and then another group of 4 but we can all sit together as long as we find seats together? I'm usually pretty good with tickets, but just double checking on this as there are several kids involved too. Also, yes, West Ham fans - not looking to sit in the "Away" section!

Thank you
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 09:05 AM

This will not answer your question! But i would feel negligent if I didn't post this at some point.

We faced the same situation for a Chelsea game in December. I kept reading that buying from resellers might cause a problem when we tried to enter the stadium. UK law about resold tickets or something like that.

In the end it was easier and cheaper to purchace a Chelsea Football Club membership. It cost 28 pounds but the tickets cost their face value. Our son went to school in London the last two years and he did join West Ham so that he could buy tickets directly at face value. He says it took him two minutes to join. His membership was free. I think they may have tiered memberships which may allow you to buy further in advance of your target game if you want.

This may not help you but it may help someone.
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 09:52 AM

I echo the comments about only buying tickets through the club - they’ll also be able to answer questions about sitting together. I would expect tickets to have assigned seats (which you can choose if bought via the club), so you won’t be able to move around once inside the ground.

https://www.premierleague.com/touts

Also bear in mind that times of West Ham’s fixtures are only confirmed up to 15 March. Subsequent fixtures may have their times and/or dates changed to suit TV broadcasters -possibly announced 21 Feb
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1242110 )

PS - it's now called the London Stadium 😉

Last edited by sofarsogood; Feb 13th, 2020 at 09:59 AM.
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 10:09 AM

As others have said buy through the club or you may not get in!
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

This is all helpful! Especially knowing that game times aren't necessarily fixed yet. Looking into purchasing membership and seeing about tickets for the specific match through the club. It's a bit different process but I'm guessing like anything, once you go through it, it makes sense!
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 12:32 PM

btw it's Burnley not Burnle.

You should read this article as well. https://www.theguardian.com/football...fit-full-scale
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Europe and tagged for United Kingdom.
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 01:57 PM

In January 2019, I was in London and Arsenal was playing Man United at the Emirates in an FA cup match. I went on Stub Hub and bought a ticket - great seats behind the visiting team's coach area and quite a price mark up. I had no problem with the actual ticket or getting through security and into the stadium. However, after I'd been there 20 mins or so, Security came over and asked if I had a ticket and then wanted to see it. They asked where I got it....i thought quickly and said that my company's London branch had gotten me the ticket and I didn't know where they bought it. The Security lady was polite and fine with my answer, but I'm not sure I'd buy through a third party again. I've wondered if maybe the people sitting around me knew that I wasn't a regular and asked Security to follow up with me. Just my two cents!