My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 5 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 6 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 7 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 8 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 9 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 10 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 11 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 14 Moscow Hotels
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Packing Champagne
- 17 Manchester hotels
- 18 Visit to France
- 19 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 23 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 24 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 25 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren