Myself and two daughters are traveling to Europe next month. The part that I need help with is the last leg of the trip.
We will be leaving Milan to travel to Switzerland, particularly the Swiss Alps where my grandparents were born.
I was thinking of possibly using trains for travel out of Milan and in Switzerland. Is that what you would do? Looks like the closest destination to researching their villages would be Locarno. Is there a train that goes from Milan to Locarno?
Also, after we are done exploring our roots, what would you all recommend NOT to miss???
We will have 5 days before we fly out of Zurich.
Any and all info that you would like to provide is invaluable to me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan airport--which one
- 2 Paris Apartment
- 3 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 6 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 12 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 13 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 Getting around Lisbon
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 21 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Visit to France
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Lorie Valley and Beyond