Am planning a trip to Italy in June next year and would appreciate some help with our itinerary with suggestions of how long to stay in each region and what are the must see places to go.
Haven't booked flights as yet but these are our thoughts so far. Would appreciate any input.
Planning on flying out of Australia from either Brisbane or Cairns to either Hong Kong, Singapore or Abu Dhabi and then onto Rome. At this stage not sure if we will be having a stopover for a night. Depending on prices for direct flights or stopover taking into account airport transfers and accommodation.
Once we arrive in Rome we have 10 nights before we leave on a Eastern Mediteranean cruise. Wanted to see Cinque Terre, Tuscany and Bologna but don't know how many nights to stay at each, where to go first and what to see. We were thinking. Depending on what time we arrive in Rome maybe stay for a night then go to Florence and stay for 3 nights. Would like to see the Tuscan countryside, Pisa not sure what else is a must see. Probably be going by train to each region. From Florence to Bologna for 2 nights. Only want to go there mostly to do a Motorsports Factory Tour as my husband loves cars. Finally onto Cinque Terre and stay for 3 nights then going to Civitavecchia for a night before our cruise leaves. Would love to hear from anyone that has been to these places and for any advice you may have.
After our cruise arrives back in Rome we are flying to Catania, Sicily to spend another 10 days there. Would like to see Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento, Palermo. Messina is a port of call on cruise. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 Scotland ideas
- 4 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 5 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 6 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 7 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 10 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 11 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 12 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 tinnitus
- 15 Tips for first trip to UK
- 16 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 17 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 18 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 21 London vacation rental agency
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 land vs river cruise
- 24 The World's Greatest Churches
- 25 Italy Croatia Bosnia