Need help with itinerary for a 10 day trip in June - start/end in BCN

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Would greatly appreciate help in deciding which places to go after Barcelona. My husband and I are traveling in June to Barcelona. Got our roundtrip air tix booked to BCN - June 9 -19 and that's all we've got at this point. What are the 2 best other cities/countries we can reasonably travel from Barcelona? Thinking of: 5 days in BCN and visiting Marrakesh or Rome or Milan for 4 days and last day, back to BCN for flight back home. Hubby thinks 4 days in Marrakesh is too much and he'll be bored. Is June too hot for Marrakesh? Hubby is not too keen on heavy cultural sight-seeing and gets bored easily so would need a vibrant, fun, with lots of people watching kinda-place to go. Suggestions, please? Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:12 AM

Do you have to go so far for your BCN and....? why not just stay in Spain or Southern France, esp. since you have to fly out of BCN. Sounds like you might enjoy San Sebastain....more of a food scene with some outdoor activities thrown in.

Marrakesh has no appeal to me - too chaotic, of your list, my choice would be Rome but really, I'd stay in Spain.
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM

second staying in Spain...
Barcelona is VERY different from Madrid or Seville, or SS, or Granada...
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I will explore more of Spain
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:49 PM

I'd agree with exploring all of Spain, but I do love Marrakech as well. I was there last June and it wasn't too hot--in fact it was cloudy and cold a few days, had to wear pants. I don't think four days is too much. I had three and felt I didn't have enough time. There is the Medina, lots of markets, the Atlas mountains, the sand dunes, the beaches...day trips alone will take up a lot of time. I love Morocco and think it's definitely worth checking out if you have the time/desire.